1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever attended an SAA meeting before? If so, what can a person expect?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by S777, Nov 24, 2017.

1. S777

S777 Fapstronaut

Early on, I received a recommendation from my CSAT that’s i should consider going to SAA meetings to maybe find some support in my life. If you have ever attended a meeting before, could you explain what a newcomer like myself could expect?

2. RPos

RPos Fapstronaut

I've attended Sexaholics Anonymous which is the same thing. Both are 12 step programes. If you aren't familiar, you can simply Google it. Don't let the words "God" or "Higher Power" put you off if you aren't religious. Trust me on this one.

The groups start with an intro from the group leader welcoming everyone to the meeting, read from a script and then several other people will read from a script each around a page long covering things like "What is an addict?" "Why are we here?" etc.

There will then either be a book reading from the main text from which the programme is based, a main share from another member about there story, or straight to the shares.

For the shares the room will go silent, and everyone is invited to share. This silence may last a few seconds, or afew short minutes. The individual shares, and again the room will go silent. This process will continue until the end of the meeting. The group leader will then close the meeting and people will chat and exchange numbers there after.

The new comer is the most important person in any meeting, and you will be made to feel extremely comfortable.

Even if you are having doubts at this stage for whatever reason, I encourage you to at least try it once before you dismiss it.

Hope this helps.

Strength And Light likes this.