1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever met a homeless person, or experienced any type of homeless situation?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by skyrimfanpaul, Jul 20, 2021.

Have you ever experienced any type of homeless situation?

1. yeah!

50.0%
  2. nope.

50.0%
  3. not street homeless but couch/sofa surfed due to no room/apartment.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. skyrimfanpaul

skyrimfanpaul Fapstronaut

Have you ever met a homeless person, or experienced any type of homeless situation?

I was once in that position!

I am not securely housed yet, but at least I have a room; it is a start.​

Many years ago, I ended up street homeless. It happened, and why it happened is for me to keep unless i know you well enough. I was not on drugs or drink, though, thankfully.

so, to say it was a shock was an understatement!

I at least had some useful things for outdoor sleeping. I ended up in a small woodland for about nearly a month. later I moved to a park. eventually I met squatters who welcomed me into their occupied building. Inbetween those time periods I train hopped/fare dodged on trains - later I was given a room by the local authority, in England called a local council, in a homeless housing project.

I have moved around a bit since then and now am currently in a room in a shared house managed by a housing charity. ask me anything about my story:
    DM or in this thread.

:) I appreciate what i have ,
    and i'm grateful for it. Health is your wealth, and a roof is a blessing, even if you have crap neighbors or a bad landlord.

Ps:

I am still recovering from masturbation addiction. I hope one day to be able to say I haven't done it for a year, and then two ect... :)

I'm currently celibate and not looking for a sex partner,
    but I hope to find someone to be in love with and hopefully get married to one day. Until then I just hope i get my own home from my local housing authority. the place i am living in should help me, as they provide support with that. I'd like my own kitchen, bathroom, a cat and lots of plants. I'd also like a motor scooter. I do have a beer a few times a week, I ought to cut down on that to save money though.
    Sharing a kitchen is no fun, it will be great when I have my own and no one else using it. Also, I don't like living in a shared house. it's too noisy!

I play a lotto weekly, it's 1£ a week so, hopefully someday I will win! I can then buy a small house. England has terrace houses. I would like one.

Thanks for reading, it is nice to be heard. I am looking for friends in U.K, Canada, U.S.A and New Zealand.

I'm always up for a chat,
    but I have been off here for a while and just came back today. if i am not replying,
    I will get back to you eventually. God willing.

I like gaming, but have been off my X box one for over 7 months now. I am getting a Switch Lite in December.

Atticus, CarP, Wilde° and 1 other person like this.
  2. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Hey there Paul. I have not met a person in a comparable situation, or been in a similar situation myself, but your story was interesting and I enjoyed reading it. Best of luck to you.

skyrimfanpaul likes this.
  3. skyrimfanpaul

skyrimfanpaul Fapstronaut

I appreciate you replying. it was the first time I ever wrote about it on a forum. i wanted to share. it isn't for pity. i am ok right now, so it is good for people to know you can go through something and come out okay afterwards. I am glad i am still alive and hope for a better future. and all the best to you too.

gordie and AtomicTango like this.
  4. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I've been friend with some homeless people along the years, once due to some unexpected circunstances even spent a couple of weeks living with them on the exact same way they do, they were very welcoming and quite down to earth, was an interesting experience, quite humbling one.

skyrimfanpaul likes this.
  5. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

When the city was safer, I used to buy homeless people on the street lunch and have conversations with them while we ate. I never share their stories as I'm extremely selfish, but needless to say, they all had tales to tell.

Some touched me more than others. All were tragic. I hope things have turned around for all of them.