1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

He was an opium addict who couldn’t receive the sacraments. But he’s a martyr and a saint

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. LavaMe

LavaMe Fapstronaut

Ixthus likes this.
  2. Ixthus

Ixthus Fapstronaut

What a wonderful life.
    Thank you for sharing.

Do you know if his relics are known? I am going to China next month and it would be great to include a pilgrimage if possible.

3. LavaMe

LavaMe Fapstronaut

No, I don't know about his relics.

4. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

His story means that it doesn't matter if you succeed in beating PMO or not. What matters is to keep struggle and never give up hope.
    Now maybe I begin to understand. I had been praying for 30 or so years ( not on regular basis) that God could heal me from this addiction but the only result was that I only believed that I could be healed in future, that I hoped and that I had been struggeling at least over half of that time.
    Some day I accepted that it could be possible that I would remain addicted until my last day but that I couln't give up struggeling, prayer, confession, sacramental life.
    I understood that it is an illness and as long as I try to struggle I can be in the state of grace and can receive Holy Communion.
    The priests told me during confession not to be focused on my addiction but try to give something other people.
    So even if I stayed addicted I could be saved. To become healed from PMO is not the most important. Many not addicted can end in hell.
    What is the most important is to be with God even in the state of addiction.
    It's far better to be addicted but with God than to be not addicted but to live without God.
    We can be even addicted saints as saint Mark Ji!
    The whole world can condemn us, even the wife but in the eyes of God we can be saints in our illness.
    I think maybe I'll start to pray to this addicted saint Mark Ji. He surely understands me and can help.

LavaMe and Ixthus like this.