1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

heart palpitation

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by fmlaw, Jan 13, 2019.

1. fmlaw

fmlaw Fapstronaut

Hello everyone!

I am 28 and started NoFap from 2016 but I still cannot completely quit it.

I got heart palpitation about a month after I start quitting PMO and it's been 2 years now.
    My situation is that I can feel the heart beat strongly after meal and when I lay on bed.

I also went to see doctor - blood test, ECG and thyroid test was all negative.

Do you guys also got heart palpitation ?

2. Courtlylove

Courtlylove New Fapstronaut

Its excess sexual energy within the body its quite normal.But try to find some activity throughout our the day to use that energy a gym session or home workout especially pushups and situations they always do the trick.Meditation is also something you should look into .All the best

ASABOVESOBELOW likes this.
  3. I've been suffering from heart palpitations since I started NoFap. I had a large attack come out of now where last week. Never happened before where my heart was beating so strongly, my whole torso was shaking. As soon as I got into a meditative position, it slowed down to normal and a slow beat.

I have not got it checked out yet (takes a lot to get me to a doctor) so I can't say the cause. But, I do know from searching before, that other NoFappers suffer from palpitations. Why? I don't know. I try to control it by being relaxed as often as possible.

4. fmlaw

fmlaw Fapstronaut

Thank you Courtylove & Tigerjin

Hi TigerJin, I also don't have heart palpitations before starting NoFap so I guess PMO may damage our nerve system, but not the heart problems cause I can keep jogging 3-4 kilometers twice every week and I don't have any chest pain/dizziness/shortness of breath during jogging.
    I hope the palpitation will be relieved as I keep the NoFap journey and I wish you get well soon.

5. Voyager 1

Voyager 1 Fapstronaut

Palpitations can be benign especially after a meal or laying on your stomach. I experienced some during the past summer that have gone away.

Exercise, staying hydrated, and being conscious of my diet have made them subside. Even with re starting Nofap and feeling stressed.

Sleep on your back or your right side if it's keeping you awake.

6. Retentionman

Retentionman Fapstronaut

I got anxiety problems a few years ago, and it lasted like 2 years. I felt like I wasnt breathing enough oxygen. Never thought it could be due to sexual energy retention, makes sense now

ASABOVESOBELOW likes this.
  7. fmlaw

fmlaw Fapstronaut

Thanks Voyager1 !

Hi Retentionman, I also thought whether I got anxiety because I already got palpitation around 2 years but blood test, ECG seems to be normal
    Do you feel heart palpitation or a extra strong heart beat?

8. Mr Sitter

Mr Sitter Fapstronaut

Hey there. Your symptoms sound very similar to mine i.e. heart palpitations after meals or while lying down on bed, but didn't notice any of this whilst exercising or doing anything like that.

In my case, I found that I was suffering from Gastroesophageal Reflux Desease (or GERD). I was also very concerned that my heart was acting up, especially as I was very physically active at the time, but after conducting tests, it was confirmed that I had GERD.

So these are some of the things my physician advised me to do that you could try, and see if it helps:
    • Reduce caffeinated drinks or foods with caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate etc.), especially at night
    • Eat at least 3 hours before going to bed, and make sure it is a light meal
    • Exercise during the day instead of the night
    • Stay hydrated
    • Sleep with your head slightly elevated, maybe you can put an extra pillow or two under your head
    This is a common condition that many people suffer from at some point in their lives. My symptoms would get worse when I binge on things like chocolate or drink tea in the evenings. I also had the bad habit of going to bed straight after my supper. Now that I am paying more attention to these things, I am happy to say that my GERD symptoms have disappeared.

chiboy2 and ASABOVESOBELOW like this.
  9. Voyager 1

Voyager 1 Fapstronaut

Palpitations can be described as an extra strong heart beat. That's how I'd describe what I experienced. It didn't feel like it was skipping beats. Just a very strong pulse that I was aware of while laying down.

10. fmlaw

fmlaw Fapstronaut

Thank you Sitter & Voyager1 !

I am consoled to know that I am not the only one who got this symptoms and will definitely try the advice you give to me.
    Thank you guys!