1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello .. How to develop my English language skills?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by bennett92, Aug 9, 2014.

1. bennett92

bennett92 Fapstronaut

Hi Everyone.. Hope you are all doing well against PMO addiction.
    I just want to know that if there are any interactive forums out there in internet which can help me improve my English speaking and writing skills.
    Your comment can be a great help to me.
    Any other advises are also welcome.:)

2. monkotto

monkotto Fapstronaut

hi bennett. i dont need english in germany but i like the language very much.

reading stuff here helps me a lot to refresh my english. i write down all the new vocabulary i can find here.

it is a very nice minor matter that i can train english here.

you can also find short stories in the internet for exercising.

it is important to learn new vocabulary. :)

3. BetterPerson

BetterPerson Fapstronaut

Hey dude, I'm not native in English but I do everything I can to develop it,
    Reading and posting journal helps but it isn't effective,you need to have an actual conversation with a native speaker so you can understand and respond well.

4. bennett92

bennett92 Fapstronaut

Thanks for your replies guys. Its grammar that i find difficult. I'm not able to communicate my thoughts effectively. Just found talkenglish.com hope that helps. Diverting our attention to self improvement activities helps to fend off any pmo thoughts.

5. Xwin

Xwin Fapstronaut

Hi Bennett92, a friend of mine is launching a small startup soon called Pixel English. It's not a real 'lesson by lesson' course but something like a regular email newsletter or something. And they are going to do google hangouts too.

6. monkotto

monkotto Fapstronaut

7. https://www.youtube.com/user/kenhhoctienganh
    Here you Go Bennet,Checkout this Channel.It Might Help You A Lot.I'm Kinda like you Only,Preparing my English for IELTS.I'd like to give some tips to you:
    1. Try to read English Magazines or Newspapers(once in a Week Will Help you A lot)
    2. Order or Buy a Book, "WORD POWER" by Norman Lewis(It will enrich your Vocabulary,you'll be able to express your thoughts in an excellent way.
    3.Try to do 1 Session per Day of This Book ^ I Prescribed.
    4.Watch BBC or Al Jazeera or any other English News Channel daily for at least 20 minutes.
    5. Talk to Yourself in Mirror.It Will Increase Your Confidence.
    Learning English is quite Easy,If you Practice daily.You and I are On Same Path.You can Message me if you want to discuss more about it.Till Then,Stay Happy and Clean! :)

8. bennett92

bennett92 Fapstronaut

thanks for your suggestions guys. I'm improving all the time :)