1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello, i'm new to the forum, on day 87 today, just to introduce myself.

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Never_Return_There, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Never_Return_There

Never_Return_There Fapstronaut

I already have been trying to stop PMO before i even knew about nofap and what it means exactly.
    So i am a member of Nofap in reddit, i found it when i was on day 40 and something, and made a reddit account and joined the community.

I am using the same name there as my name here. I joined this forum and site 3 days ago i think. I just decided to create account and here, since this is a forum and i think it would contain better discussions and the people here would be more devoted, serious and motivated than those on reddit, (of course there are people here which are on reddit/nofap too) because i recently started to notice how some of the guys there started posting threads about how they relapsed, or some guys who just started it fill the page with their new threads, and the most threads there are from people with smiley face on their badges, or people who havent yet reached their 1st month of abstinence. Anyway, i dont want to say that they shouldnt post, but the page is just flooded with these, instead of threads of reports, stories and results of longer abstinences.

So, i am here now, hello from me. I have 3 more days to day 90, i hope i reach it successfully, and think about writing a report about it, both here and on reddit.
    A little info for me, I'm 21 years old, a student, I'm from Bulgaria. Started PMOing when i was 15, i think. I did a lot of damage to myself with this terrible vice, and i knew what i was doing was very wrong, and since 2012 i was trying to stop it eagerly and fervently, but eventually relapsed many times. In the last 2 years, i have fapped maybe 5 - 6 times, i made streaks of abstinence of 87 days and before, even i think i had a streak that was 100+ days, i didnt count them back then. Felt very disappointed after a relapse, because it felt like i have wasted in vain all of my days that i abstained.

So now i am feeling good, and calm, currently i dont have urges or temptations, but i know they will come at some moment, so i have to stay careful and vigilant. Nofap is great, i see many benefits in it, and i dont want to stop it, and hopefully i will have the power and will to never relapse again, and to "Never_Return_There". ;D
    So i wish good luck and success on everyone here, and stay strong and resist as hard as you possibly can! Chase long streaks !!! ;D

2. Placid

Placid Fapstronaut

Hi there,
    Wow that's incredible! I really wish I could accomplish the same as you.
    Do you have any particular strategy for dealing with the urges?
    Good luck!

3. Never_Return_There

Thanks. ;D I hope you can accomplish the same results as me, or even better.
    I dont have any concrete or particular strategy, but here is what i do, when temptations come:
    I remind myself of what were the bad effects that followed after a relapse,(for me they were many, and unpleasent) and also i try to apply the strenght of will that i have (not that its very big), and also make my mind busy with something so the temptations dont bother me so much, for example i try to sing/rap some lyrics of songs, or go to eat, or drink water, or do exercises. I also pray to God sometimes, to help me cope with this, i am not a member of church or something like that, i am still secular, but i have faith and read the Bible. Other things include telling yourself "NO, I AM NOT DOING THIS STUFF TODAY, IN NO WAY, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS!! And try as hard as you can to push these thoughts away and out of your mind, since the relapse process begins in the mind. And put all of your conscious power and efforts in withstanding and resisting in that day only, you will think about tomorrow, when it comes, so think about today. Conquer on the scheme of "day by day" or "day for day" or "one day at a time" i dont know what is the proper expression, but the idea is to make yourself not relapse in the current day and do EVERYTHING YOU CAN to achieve the prupose. And then when the next day comes, you do the same thing again. And when you pass 30 days, things get much easier, but still dont underestimate the situation, staying clean of this is very difficult. And when you see some provocative image, or picture, or video, try to close it, put blockers on your browser, and say" GET AWAY FROM ME, I WILL NOT SERVE THIS URGE ANYMORE !!!" Also the problem comes when you have to manage yourself, when you are alone and no one is around. Go outside, take a walk, take some music with you(music that does not contain sexual refferences or have any fast beat), drink water, or take cold showers. Thats what i can say for now, probably there are other things, that i have forgotten to mention, but if they come to my mind, i will post them here in order to help you and encourage you. You are not alone in this struggle, i am with you. And besides this, you have almost resisted for 8 days, thats 8 victories. They say that the 7th and 8th days are the hardest to resist, since then is the peak of testosterone. So try to make it to day 9 or 10. Stay strong ! ;D

ssha6451, goodnice 2.0 and Placid like this.
  4. Never_Return_There

Oh, yeah, another thing which i forgot: When the urge comes, try to picture yourself from outside of yourself, like you are another person, looking at you. I mean, imagine how you would look if you give in to the urge, you stay in your room few feet away from yourself, and seeing how you look like staying infront of a computer screen watching and rubbing your @#!$. You perceive that you look silly, right ???? :D

5. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

you are at the peak now duud, suck to be you lol

6. Placid

Placid Fapstronaut

Lol yeah! I'm away on a trip though so it's easier when you don't have the option.

Never_Return_There: Thanks for the advice!

7. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Fapstronaut

Good lord @Never_Return_There

Oh I mean bonjour! Welcome to the site! I made a account on the reddit but I don't post. 87 days is freaking amazing! Almost beastly! Hopefully you stick around to encourage us!

Au revoir,
    Ace

Never_Return_There likes this.
  8. Never_Return_There

Yeah, i will as much as i am allowed to, and if you need something write me. But even 87 days, already 88 is not a big accomplishment. Today i was browsing reddit/nofap and i saw a post of a guy who made it to 224 days and then relapsed... I felt so bad about this dude .... And he wrote that his previous streak has been 164 days or something ... So the key is to be strong every single day and dont allow to be shaken or swayed. ;D

Faceplanter likes this.
  9. 8BitsOfStuggling

8BitsOfStuggling Fapstronaut

Your only a day behind me @Placid, stick with it. See if you can keep up with me! :)

10. Placid

Placid Fapstronaut

Thank you :) I will!

11. 8BitsOfStuggling

Hey there! When I wrote that you were one day behind me... now your one day ahead! THERE SHALL BE NO TIME TRAVEL HERE :(

12. Placid

Placid Fapstronaut

Lol!
    The one day ahead of me you saw was probably a mirage from your part ;)

13. 8BitsOfStuggling

Well in that case, I shall catch up to you...

14. @prettyboichad @flox @Paper
    Hey guys the OP is a VERY experienced fapstronaut. i am so happy i found him

Check out his profile! He go two years nofap, by now if he has kept it up it will have been like 4 years.

He is really extreme like me in his hatred for PMO and strict mentality, but that dedication took him so far and he never return back there. This guy is truly an example. I hope he can benefit you. Also seeing a guy that went so far, can tell us what is in store for us in the future

I hope one day he returns

Paper and boichy like this.
  15. boichywow

boichywow Fapstronaut

noice noice noice
    Thanks dude, I'm excited to read his stuff!

How much hunting did you have to do to find him?
    U always find valuable content dude!!
    the good stuff ;)

Have a great day man, imma read this.
    Thanks again @goodnice 2.0! :p

Deleted Account and goodnice 2.0 like this.
  16. haha i typed in google “nofap one year” and this guy popped up. And thanks, I’ve probably read almost every valuable content. I have looked far and wide. Almost all the stones have been turned over

boichy likes this.
  17. boichywow

boichywow Fapstronaut

damm, throw a few stones my way some time lol

goodnice 2.0 likes this.