1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello. It's time for a change

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by David in recovery, Dec 14, 2017.

1. David in recovery

David in recovery Fapstronaut

Hi, I'm David.
    I'm 52 years old and this is my second go at recovery. I tried journaling before on another website 4 or 5 years ago (I can't remember the name of the site and couldn't find it on Google - maybe it's defunct).

I've been using P since high school. Casually in college. Very heavy user in my first marriage. In 2nd marriage now for nearly 20 years and the P use is the worst its ever been. I notice an increase in the negative impact on our emotional and physical relationship. I want things to be better. She deserves it, so here I am.

In the past, I told her that I had a P problem during the 1st marriage but haven't admitted that it is ongoing. I don't know if I will talk with her about it. Perhaps when I get things under control and get a few months under my belt. I consider P use as cheating and I imagine she does too. I don't want to hurt her. I don't want to screw up what we have... I just want to make things better.

So, here goes... I'll start a challenge and let you know how it goes.

Max_Free likes this.
  2. Max_Free

Max_Free Fapstronaut

Welcome to Nofap David and best wishes on your journey!

David in recovery likes this.
  3. Hi @David
    Thanks for being here.
    I wish you welcome, and very good luck on your journey and reboot.

4. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

5. David in recovery

David in recovery Fapstronaut

Thanks so much for sharing your plan. It makes a lot of sense.