1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello, new and kind of lost here. :)

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by DYS1994, Dec 24, 2015.

1. DYS1994

DYS1994 Fapstronaut

Hello, I'm new to the nofap community and I'm kind of lost here. This is the first time I'm using something like this where forums are used. I've never used Reddit and it's kind of different. Maybe it's because I'm too used to Facebook or Twitter. Could some experienced users help me please? What are forums? The way I see them are like Facebook posts and the people replying to them are doing something similar to commenting. Next what is "Rebooting"? It's not similar to relapsing right? What are these challenges that goes on? How can I participate in them? How do I interact with the other people who are taking the challenge? I tried to go through a post that was about a challenge and it was messy to me. I'm using Fortify too. I came here to make new friends and interact with them. Please help. Thanks.

Ultra Zork and goodboy1 like this.
  2. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Hello brother, Welcome! You are in the right place. Tons of awesome people here. There are many way to interact here. You can reply to posts, you can private message, you can start a thread (ask advice, discuss any issue, etc.), you can journal by starting your thread journal. Check out my journal for an example. Check out these golden posts that will help you greatly on your journey. Stay strong! Win!

http://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-top-tips-for-leaving-pmo-behind.35201/
    http://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/newbies-faq.49575/
    http://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/1-solution-to-quit-pmo-permanently.53680/

DYS1994 and goodboy1 like this.
  3. goodboy1

goodboy1 Fapstronaut

Welcome brother, this nofap community is very helpful. Browse the rebooting and success thread you will get tons of information about nofap. If u have any doubts just ask a question in rebooting thread. Nofappers will answer your questions. You will became comfortable after using it for some days. May God give u speedy recovery.

DYS1994 and taqwa like this.
  4. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Wow brother! I just noticed your counter! (mashallah, Arabic for what God allows) You the man! I pray to join you soon! Stay strong! Win!

goodboy1 and DYS1994 like this.
  5. DYS1994

DYS1994 Fapstronaut

First of all thanks for the positive replies guys. What are these counters? How can I get one? And how do you both have quotes and links to your journals with your posts? :)

Tera likes this.
  6. Tera

Tera Fapstronaut

My Journal
    just click on any counter, for example mine, and it will take you to a page with instructions for how to make one ;)

DYS1994 likes this.
  7. DYS1994

DYS1994 Fapstronaut

Right. Thanks. Does it require a google account? I didn't sign up for Nofap with my Google account.

8. Tera

Tera Fapstronaut

My Journal
    it does require, sorry if u cant.