1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello World

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Cortesian Lab, Jan 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Cortesian Lab

Cortesian Lab New Fapstronaut

Hello everyone. Thought I would give the forums a try because attempting a reboot "lone wolf" style hasn't been working out. If anything, things have gotten worse.

A big part of that, I think, is that I have no one to talk to about the struggle I'm going through in my everyday life. I've worked hard to keep my addiction and spending a secret from friends and family. But that just creates a knot of tension in my gut that gets relieved by every relapse and creates more incentive for me to fail to reboot.

So, hopefully just talking about it, even anonymously online, will help keep me on the straight and narrow. And of course I'll try to support anyone I can in return, pay good forward and all that.

Even writing this first post kind of lightens my heart a little bit. See you all around.

Alpha Romeo, Jefe Rojo and Mordobarn like this.
  2. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Fapstronaut

Hey man,
    Welcome to Nofap I hope you gain what you are seeking here,
    heres is a couple of advice I gathered in my short ish (2-3 years) experience doing this
    -pick up something like training or running
    - don't stay up late It is much harder to gather the will power when it is late
    - try to keep out as much as possible of the place where you used to M
    - you can write a journal in the journal section of the forum
    - you can get an Accountability partner to make if you think that might help you.

I'm not saying you should absolutely do all of these thing or even one of them you are free to do what you want but these are some if the rgings that helped me in the past
    Good luck brother.

Jefe Rojo likes this.
  3. Welcome @Cortesian Lab ! You’re in the right place. If you would like some good advice on getting started you should click on my journal link in my signature. I’ve collected a few links that have been useful under “advice for newcomers”. You will find a lot of support here. I also second everything that @Alpha Romeo said in his post above this one. So stick around and recover with us! You’ll do great :)!

Alpha Romeo likes this.
  4. Cortesian Lab

Cortesian Lab New Fapstronaut

Dear god, yes, this is so true. Part of how I can tell things are starting to get out of control is how I've been staying up later and later just to get that thrill. It even started affecting my work performance and driving I was so tired from staying up until midnight to watch.

First thing I've decided to do on the road to recovery is put strict curfews on all my electronic devices.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I think I'll start a daily journal on the forum. If nothing else it will be a consistent reminder of what I'm trying to accomplish. What we're all aiming for really.[/QUOTE]

Alpha Romeo and Jefe Rojo like this.
  5. Retentionman

Retentionman Fapstronaut

I understand you perfectly, you are not alone man. But trust me on this, you can beat this if you truly want to change. I know it is hard, and it will be harder, but the struggle is temporary, never lower your guard, stay alert and strong from day 1, you can do this, believe in yourself. The goal in mind always.

Jefe Rojo likes this.