1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Ostrich12, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Ostrich12

Ostrich12 Fapstronaut

This is my first post here. I admitted to myself that I was an addict 2 weeks ago.

So many of the stories on here have rung true to me. I have a good job, an amazing wife and two lovely kids. Yet any time I spend alone I am overwhelmed by an urge to PMO. Once I start all the boundaries go out the window, my brain empties and I only come back to reality when I have finished. I have alot of responsibilities and have used PMO as a way of escaping them. Thing is they don't go away, they just build up. I am failing at my job, failing at being a husband and failing at being a father. I also got very depressed and anxious at the end of last year, something I was able to beat with the help and understanding of my wife, but I kept the true cause (the PMO) from her. This means that she only knows part of me. I want her to know all of me. Either I have to share the PMO with her - the number of hours I have stayed at my computer 'working' while she goes to sleep, the times I have been at home 'doing jobs' while she takes the kids out. also the number of people I have cybercheated on her with. I can't share the PMO with her so I need to get rid of it. Only then will she know all of me and I owe that much to her.

I have tried so many times before, I can usually last a few days, then start again with the MO, then start P - convincing myself I can stick to 15 mins of vanilla, but within days it escalates to the long hours of trawling and chatting. Life is too short for this.

I have proven to myself multiple times that I can't do this alone. So here it is... a plea for help.

Star Lord likes this.
  2. Ostrich12

Ostrich12 Fapstronaut

Thanks mate. I honestly thought I was the only person in the world who did this. Its good to know I'm not alone.
    And you have hit the nail on the head with the free time. I literally can't spend any time on my own without thinking about PMO, usually I dont even think about it I just do it. Ive been on my own this evening and for the first time in a very long time I have done something else - I cooked a chicken broth from scratch. tastes pretty good too.

Star Lord likes this.
  3. Ostrich12

Ostrich12 Fapstronaut

My chicken broth is gonna get better and better! Its easy to say it but I have to be able to actually do it or I'll lose everything important to me.
    And btw you are the first person I have ever talked about my PMO problem with in 22 years.

Star Lord likes this.