1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Help to avoid a trigger

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by rock it1, Aug 8, 2020.

1. rock it1

rock it1 Fapstronaut

Hello Guys, I need some help to avoid my one of the major triggers that is when I wake up. I gets up at 6'o clock the triggers nearly at 7 and goes on till 9 . The intensity is highest nearly at 9'o clock.

I study from 7 A.M. to 1 P.M. . And this whole time period is the time in which I am triggered . I can't postpone my studies to evening as I have classes in evening.

Help, me to avoid these triggers,

The White Fang likes this.
  2. keepitinmybriefs

keepitinmybriefs Fapstronaut

Welcome to nofap!

My suggestions:
    * Wear briefs (not boxerbriefs) instead of boxers. This keeps everything secure, and not flopping around where you can be tempted/distracted.
    * Keep a schedule for your day and don't have unstructured time where you can be distracted/tempted. Make sure you're reading, or going for a walk, or talking to a friend, or getting some work done, and not just lazing around.

3. Perhaps if you leave and study outside somewhere? If you are able to? Put on a mask, find a coffee shop with a patio and study there? Or sit out front of your place within wifi reach and study outside?

Unfortunately there is a certain amount of just plain not wanting to give in that's involved too and no amount of distractions or relocation is going to help with that. Deep breathing and no "victim or junkie" mindset.

Victim mindset: I will remain so tortured and incomplete until I can do X or N.

Junkie mindset: I just gotta... I need to... I just gotta... it's my time... I just gotta...

Stay strong man.

d700300 likes this.
  4. rock it1

rock it1 Fapstronaut

@Hyperdrive thanks for the advice.
    I am away from the victim one but junkie prevails my mind

5. rock it1

rock it1 Fapstronaut

does wearing it will really help, i can't belive it but I will try today itself

6. Uni library may be a great one, too, if you have access to one. Mostly quite focused, motivating atmosphere there..

7. rock it1

rock it1 Fapstronaut

@d700300 Sir, I don't belong to that much able family as I will have to buy a subscription for that.

8. The White Fang

The White Fang Fapstronaut

try cold showers it will really kill those urges

9. rock it1

rock it1 Fapstronaut

Thanks bro I got it for the day let's observe it tomorrow

10. Sorry about that..where I live libraries are for free. Hope some of the other suggestions work. Fingers crossed.