Help with Fitness and Diet?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by ResettingLuke, Feb 25, 2022.

1. ResettingLuke

ResettingLuke Fapstronaut

Hey everyone

Twinned with trying my reboot, I want to fix both my Diet and my body (mainly gaining muscle)

I’ve lost 3 stone (roughly 20kgs) but I’m stuck and been stuck for a few months now.

Any suggestions on how to get better at the gym? I’m struggling to find the motivation to both go and to push myself. And really what to do

If anyone wants to buddy up online as a support AP or just talk about and help each others progress please do message. I’m happy to help where I can :)

2. ResettingLuke

Ah on. Thank you. I’ll have to increase them carefully. Not to just top it up with crisps

WildEntheology likes this.
  3. A couple of suggestions to get better at the gym:

1. If you can afford it, hire a personal trainer at the gym. They'll keep you accountable, motivated, and give you new things to do. Most gyms will offer 1 free personal training session so you can get an idea of what it would be like to work with them.

2. Find a quality online program that gives you the workouts each day. This part can be tricky because if you look on Instagram you'll find thousands of people offering their custom programs for a fee. I found that on kaged.com they have free training programs under their "Programs" They are 100% free and provide you with a workout each day. Some of these programs can be extreme so really take a look at each one to find the best fit for you. There are many other online sources that would provide free workout plans, so it might be a matter of just trying them to find the ones with the style you like.

4. ResettingLuke

Brilliant. Thank you.

o do have a personal trainer but we seemed to have hit a block for me

I’ll have a look at that webpage. Cheers

5. ZanFabio

ZanFabio Fapstronaut

If you lack the motivation to go then perhaps at-home calisthenics is right for you. (which is what I do) Its somehow more fun than the gym for me IMO as you get to do clever progressions and work at your own pace.

If I were to go the gym route one of two things would happen:

1.I'd get burned out and blow it off, ending up doing nothing
    2. Since it takes so long to get there(plus price) I'd try to overdo it to maximize and end up overtraining.

From my experience overtraining is really bad for someone with a fapping problem.

^^This^^

...is exactly what I did over the course of maybe 1.5-2 years and ended up losing 70lbs. (all the fat I had, lol, I was shredded) I'd lose maybe 7-8 lbs and then stay there. . . in the past I'd panic and push things but this time I stayed for 3 or so weeks to stabilize.

WildEntheology likes this.
  6. Getting better at the gym is a product of how much time you are there and what is the quality of that time.

It's better to go for 20 minutes, and be intense, than to go for an hour, and spend almost all of it looking at your phone.

As for weightlifting, there are a lot of guys who have "leg day" or whatever. I personally believe in training everything, going for overall fitness rather than bulk.

The leg day stuff might work, I don't know. I think it's better to do the same routine every day.

Another problem with going to the gym is that the travel can be an obstacle. It's better to work out at home. That way, you can just pop on the music and start. You can do a few sets, put something in the oven, do another set, clean the bathroom, do a few more sets, and break it up.

That gets me started easier. My yoga routine is 34 minutes. I've done it every day so far this year. But it's a struggle not to skip it. Since it breaks up into a 22 minute segment and a 12 minute segment, I sometimes stop and finish part two later. I will even break up the 22 minute part. It's the same amount of calories that get burned.

Another thing I want to mention is that if you are looking to get cut muscles, it's as much a product of the diet as it is the lift. What I mean is that you can be strong and be disciplined with your fitness, but if you eat too much, you won't have that cut look, or you won't be able to kill the love handles or man boobs. You need to feel hungry, to make the stomach growl. Then in the third month you will notice the gains.

ResettingLuke likes this.