1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Helpful Prayers to Saints

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Hello, fellow Catholics! It's nice to meet you all!

Over the past three years, ever since I started really digging into my faith, I've started to acquire a small collection of prayer cards dedicated to various saints. I'd like to share a couple with you that may be especially useful in the fight against sins against chastity: the Memorare and the Act of Consecration to St. Joseph! Please feel free to share other prayers that you find inspirational!

Memorare to St. Joseph
    Remember, O most chaste spouse of the Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who implored your help and sought your intercession was left unassisted.
    Full of confidence in your power I fly unto you and beg your protection.
    Despise not, O guardian of the Redeemer, my humble supplication, but in your bounty, hear and answer me.
    Amen.

Act of Consecration to St. Joseph
    O dearest St. Joseph, I consecrate myself to your honor and give myself to you, that you may always be my father, my protector, and my guide in the way of salvation.
    Obtain for me a greater purity of heart and fervent love of the interior life.
    After your example, may I do all my actions For the Greater Glory of God, in union with the Divine Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
    O blessed St. Joseph, pray for me, that I may share in the peace and joy of your holy death.
    Amen.

2. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Hi, I want to share this simple but deep prayer :

Most high, glorious God, enlighten the darkness of my heart and give me, Lord, a correct faith, a certain hope, a perfect charity, sense and knowledge, so that I may carry out your holy and true command.
    — St. Francis of Assisi

3. That's really nice! Oftentimes the simplest prayers are the best.

4. Phil 3:12-16

Phil 3:12-16 Fapstronaut

Prayer written by St John of the Cross:

O Blessed Jesus,
    give me stillness of soul in You.
    Let Your mighty calmness reign in me.
    Rule me, O King of Gentleness,
    King of Peace.

Amen

HelpMe81 and Gallade_Templar like this.
  5. Phil 3:12-16

Also this one...not sure if a saint wrote it but it's really great.

Look down upon me, good and gentle Jesus
    while before Your face I humbly kneel and,
    with burning soul, pray and beseech You
    to fix deep in my heart lively sentiments
    of faith, hope, and charity; true contrition for my sins,
    and a firm purpose of amendment, while I contemplate
    with great love and tender pity,
    Your five most precious wounds,
    pondering over them within me
    and calling to mind the words which David,
    Your prophet, said to You, my Jesus:
    "They have pierced My hands and My feet,
    they have numbered all My bones."
    Amen.

And this one by Saint Alphonsus Liguori:

My Jesus, by the pain You did endure when Your Left hand was pierced with the nail, give me true sorrow for my sins.
    My Jesus, by the pain You did endure when Your right hand was pierced with the nail, give me perseverance in Your grace.
    My Jesus, by the pain You did endure when Your left foot was pierced with the nail, deliver me from the pains of hell.
    My Jesus, by the pain You did endure when Your right foot was pierced with the nail, give me the grace to love You eternally in heaven.
    My Jesus, by the wound that was made in Your Sacred Heart, give me the grace to love You always in this life and in the next.
    Have mercy on us, Jesus, our Love. Pray for us, Mary, our hope.

Gallade_Templar likes this.
  6. Phil 3:12-16

Here's another nice Daily Consecration Prayer. (I admit I usually don't make the time to pray it properly each day, but at least lifting one's heart with these sentiments is a step on the way...)

Sacred Heart of Jesus and Immaculate Heart of Mary, I Consecrate my entire self to the Most Holy Love of Your Two Hearts. I Wish to make reparation for all the sins of the world, including my own.

I offer these things for the love of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary. I will keep my mind on beauty and turn my thoughts from evil things.I will not show off, but remain humble. I will offer up all my sufferings,sickness and hurts. I will seek God’s Will, not my own. I will show appreciation for the kindness, the blessings that i receive, from God for all things. I will do everything in my life for love of God. And I will love others, as God has loved me.

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, through the Intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, receive the offering and consecration I now make of myself to You. Keep me faithful unto death. Bring me one day to the Happy Home in Heaven. I desire to live forever with God the Father and the Most Holy Spirit and You my Jesus, together with Your Most Immaculate Mother.

Sacred Heart of Jesus and Immaculate Heart of Mary, please protect us.

Amen.

7. It certainly sounds as though a saint could have written it!

8. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Beautiful! Thank you, this is a very helpful prayer for me.

9. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Thank you for posting these prayers. They feel immediately helpful to me as I say them. May God bless you and your struggle.