1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Here goes nothin'

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by johnbeechy, Oct 21, 2019.

1. johnbeechy

johnbeechy Fapstronaut

Gents and ladies of the forum,

This will be my 3rd try at life-long abstinence from the P word. Starting with a 90-day reboot. I'm 35 and just found out I'll be a dad again. I can't imagine one of my children walking in on me. It would probably kill my marriage. So this time it's serious.

I might need an accountability partner. I'm completely and utterly addicted to P. My work environment makes it easy (work from home, wife & kids gone for day). Please let me know if you have any tips, thoughts, recommendations, ideas, or horror stories.

Hundred Eyes and Deleted Account like this.
  2. Hello and welcome! :)

We are glad to have you as a part of our community. Here are some quick links to get you started.

Getting Started Guide | How to Use the NoFap Forums | Panic Button | Day Counter | Rebooting Resources | Forum Rules | Glossary

If you wish to keep a journal of your progress you can do so in the appropriate section found here

You can also take part in one of the many challenges available. It can be a tremendous help. Challenges

Also, there are groups you can also join if you wish to do so. You can browse through them here. Groups

There are plenty of wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable people here to help you along on your journey to a life free of PMO. I wish you nothing but the best!

3. Hundred Eyes

Hundred Eyes Fapstronaut

Good luck. I’m in a similar boat with the working from home - run my own business so the opportunity is always there and I’m not sure but I think putting preventative measures in place don’t really work (eg software blocking) as that can always be switched off. Perhaps better to get to the source and take on fighting the urge... early days for me too..

4. johnbeechy

johnbeechy Fapstronaut

You can relate then! The temptation is ALWAYS there. I have been really proud of myself since I started the reboot. Before, when the wife would leave the house, kids are gone, it would be "go time" - Flip down the blinds, turn off the lights and alarm camera, get on my biggest computer screen and go. But since I started my reboot, it's like... my will to not do it is stronger than my "old primitive brain" that says go for it. I can tell that I am stronger than my addiction. Then there is almost a sense of accomplishment and pride.

Hundred Eyes and Deleted Account like this.