1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi all

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by vipert, Dec 7, 2014.

1. vipert

vipert Fapstronaut

Hi, I'm 41 and decided to start my journey totally out of the blue.. a lot of things had been getting me down. And to be honest found myself chasing the even bigger high from fapping using the internet as most do..
    other things in my life have not been going right.
    I am married.
    Well i'm on day 3 from what I've read hard style, my initial goal is 90 days ... i had been wondering how i will explain to my wife no sex for 90 days ... but i don't want to confuse sex with her as a replacement for fapping i may be wrong. problem solved though just got busted registering for this site ..
    got to say day 3 i feel amazing. i do know what goes up must come down though.
    i just thought i had a really high sex drive.. which i do but fapping wasn't really solving anything ..

2. Dogwood

Dogwood Fapstronaut

3. vipert

vipert Fapstronaut

thank you for the pointers definitely some more interesting reading ... there has been a lot to take in.
    and still a lot to learn.
    day 6 for me now, i can feel a lot of changes and my wife is constantly pointing them out :)
    the best has to be i am constantly motivated ... i still get tired, but if something needs doing i generally get it done.
    it starts from the moment i wake up ... some days i couldnt be bothered to shave, i kinda went on a 3 day cycle. now clean shaven every day..
    interacting with people is different too, its like i was trying to hide a subconscious guilt and what i was up to people could pick up on some how.. now i dont have that. i can look at people :)
    temptations havnt been to bad for me.. usually when certain events happen like my wife going out. the thought will pop into my mind but i dismiss it quite quickly.. that seems to be breaking the routine.
    also i generally feel happy so it is giving me power to tackle other demons like eating and beer.. im definitly not drinking as much ..
    i dont know if its a bad thing but i kinda got quite passionate with my wife . mostly to test if things are still working as my horny levels have really dropped ... was quite a torment and temptation ...
    im really still on the idea i want to do the full 90 with no sex ... i dont want my wife to become a substitute for my other actions.. i would rather divert this energy into doing things...
    there have been other changes to but i will have to go into them later ... stuff to do :)

4. vipert

vipert Fapstronaut

just a quick update ...
    still totally motivated (since starting this i have never sat down and thought i will do it in a minute before i was lucky if it got done 3 days later) but i still get a little tired in the afternoon.
    i have no urges now - starting to worry if im at what they call flatline.. if it is im honestly not bothered ... the benefits i wouldnt trade.
    worried a little though that im concentrating on the benefits and forgetting why i started this journey.. it was merely enough was enough .. i expected nothing in return.. i found this site 3 days after...
    i really have to remember that ...
    i am slowly becoming a different person ... all these years if only id have known ....

5. vipert

vipert Fapstronaut

bit of an update..
    Im still losing track of what is normal and not.. my wife definitely seems more attracted to me.. if anything i have achieved everything i set out to accomplish and in short this has changed my life.
    i have given in regarding sex with my wife.. a few times .. each time i can feel the difference in my motivation the next day..much lower
    however i am still very motivated and have even given up drinking.. i had had a dreadful flu for the past week .. that has been causing a few issues lol
    from time to time i will get a bit of a craving to fap its like my mind saying go on .. once won't hurt lol.. i usually find something else to do ... idle hands and all that eh.

6. vipert

vipert Fapstronaut

Day 38 -
    Constant changes all the time ... ive been booze free since new years eve ... im on a diet and have lost about 8kg.
    my skin is so much clearer. Im happier all the time. Things that bother me I can just brush off.
    I rarely get the urge to fap now...
    Turns out also I may have been zinc deficient .. have started taking a high dose suppliment with copper etc to remedy ...once I get to 90 days ill change my challenge to a year..

7. vipert

vipert Fapstronaut

Day 50 :
    Lets start again shall we :( although a bad thing its put my mind at ease about something else.. I'm not going to take this as a failure but more as a fresh start.