1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi guys

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by FollowerOfTheWay, Dec 6, 2017.

1. FollowerOfTheWay

FollowerOfTheWay Fapstronaut

I started with PMO at a very young age.
    It is hard to say exactly when.
    But it may have been somewhere from the age of 12 to 14.
    At the age of 25 I thought I needed to beat this addiction.
    I thought I would be able to do it in a few months (what a fool I was :D ).
    It's hard to be here writing this almost a year later and realizing I haven't made as much progress as I have wanted to.
    I have had experiences with a number of addictions alcoholism, gaming, sweets (don't know if eating ice cream every day counts :D ).
    I got my drinking under control, which took a year and a half and my gaming addiction has gotten better.
    As I managed to get control of these addictions, I thought I would be able to manage this one.
    Longest streak I managed was 30 days and there are a few in the range of 20 days.
    Compared to PMOing daily(sometimes crazy amounts) before this, the improvement is there.
    I still have not lost hope in myself that I would be able to manage on my own.
    But after this recent streak that I ended, I decided that I should join the community and attempt to make things easier for myself and find an accountability partner.

In general, I have been in a lot of bad places in life. Suprised that I am alive to this day. Don't want to wallow about past shit.
    Just want to say, if there is someone who needs some help in achieving internal balance I am more than happy to provide some advice and help.

Anyway nice to meet you all and thanks for reading.

vxlccm and evergreen666 like this.
  2. Hi @FollowerOfTheWay
    Glad you are here. And very welcome to join us in our journey to a healthy, fulfilling life without any self harming habits.

Glad to read you are able to help others.
    Lots of work to do here :)

I wish you well on your own journey!

3. Yanis

Yanis Fapstronaut

GREAT! I see your serious efforts.

Welcome to the Nofap-community.
    The NO PMO-journey is not easy but worth the effort.
    Maybe you want to make some commitment. The community will support you.

Fantastic. Encouraging other fapstronauts is my best help to make my journey. When the urges are getting really strong the best thing for me is to motivate those who need help. Puts my mind in the right direction: all we want is true happiness - free of any addiction.

4. BrowneyedBri

BrowneyedBri Fapstronaut

Welcome !
    And yes!
    you have found a GREAT place
    We are all here for you !
    Kicking these addictions (excuse my French) IN THE ASS !!!!!
    I have been through rough patches in my life too but WE will still keep pushing & grinding!
    Best of luck!

5. FollowerOfTheWay

FollowerOfTheWay Fapstronaut

Thank you very much for the warm welcomes.

I definitely appreciate them :)

And good luck to all of you guys with your way :)

Deleted Account likes this.