1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi, how are you?

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by HiHowAreYou, Dec 28, 2017.

1. HiHowAreYou

HiHowAreYou New Fapstronaut

I woke up feeling like a motherfucking rock star yesterday, in expectation of a great party that I'm throwing today. I accidentally (or not) hadn't masturbated for a while, even though I do it a lot. You see, I probably have social phobia (not medically diagnosed), so having the courage to throw a party is a pretty big deal for me. So yesterday I did many nice things, like going to the gym and learning to play the guitar. At night, I remembered I was curious about what a buddy of mine told me about knowing how to eat pussy being a super secret for success with the ladies. I did some research, and that really turned me on. Then I got to the visual learning part, and yada yada yada, my cum hit the wall at about a meter high. Today I woke up and all that awesome courage left me, and now I am fucking terrified of the party. I really don't know if there is a cause and effect relationship here, but I sure as hell want to try anything to get that awesome social courage back.

2. Hey @HiHowAreYou ,

There is so much support on this forum, the profiles and the various groups. It works if you work it. I don't offer advise. I offer only my ESH (experience, strength and hope).

Work it? Oh yeah. There's work to be done, that's what's worked for me. Two things I've found necessary.

1. I had to Learn the NoFap Program.

2. Getting involved with the community on here was vital to help my recovery.

Learn the NoFap Program
    The resources listed on the "New Users: List of Rebooting Resources" helped me find my way around the reasons behind the program and the terms used.

They are:

You can find this same list on the top of the forum you posted this message on at - the "New to NoFap" forum.

Get Involved with the Community
    The community has been my lifeline. I've found journals I love, people who are very supportive and a place where I could get to work helping in a small way others.

I'm nobody important around here. Just a normal user with no magic powers.

But, I can:

• Read Journals, and comment when I have ESH
    • Find people I admire and stay in touch via their profiles
    • Pick a forum and make sure evvery post gets and answer. I can't answer them all, but that's good - different opinions make for a better group.
    • Post in my journal (I could be better at it - but I do milestone posts at least) To make a journal go to the section listed by age and start one. Keep all your journal posts in one thread. But, for random thoughts, you can create a new thread.
    Looking forward to seeing you around on the forums,

- L

PS - Think of pmo like a wolf. Stay near the center of the group with the winners and the wolf has a more difficult time finding you. But, stray near the edges of the community and the wolf can pick you off.

3. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome @HiHowAreYou, I'm glad you're here! Let me know if I can help.