1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi, I'm new here and would like to break my daily masturbation habit.

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by ha20, Sep 26, 2019.

1. ha20

ha20 Fapstronaut

I'll be honest that, I don't think masturbation itself is bad. That being said, I do not enjoy the need to masturbate everyday or in the least every other day. I realize it is a problem as I have been doing it often for years now, 7 years. I think it is time to stop and decided to join this community. I am glad that I've stumbled upon this website and hope that the community here is as friendly and supportive as it seems. Hope to receive helpful comments and support. I'll try to give my support to all of you best I can as well! Cheers! and let's do this :)

P.S. I'll be going the PM route as I'm sexually active

2. Good luck Brethren. If you made the choice to quit masturbation and join this community than you are acknowledging that masturbation is a problem. My best advice for you is to take it day by day. The beginning might seem difficult but it gets easier with time.

ha20, rafael33 and Rangell like this.
  3. rafael33

rafael33 Fapstronaut

Welcome to the Nofap community.
    The NO PM journey is not easy but worth the effort.
    The community will support you.

The only sin I know is wasting time.
    Is any masturbation a waste of time? I don’t know.

Not the action of masturbating is a problem but my attitude to it.
    Do I masturbate because it has become a habit in my life, do I masturbate because I am addicted to this habit? The addiction is the problem. The good news: the habit I have created I also can break.
    Why do people register here? Because they have realized they have an addiction. And something deep inside let them know „This is not what I am or what I want to be, I want a change in my life.”

4. ha20

ha20 Fapstronaut

Thanks a lot man. Appreciate the kind and intelligent words. I don't think I've ever been more than a week without masturbation and it's really annoying. I wish you luck on your journey as well and I hope we can both pull through.

5. Hello and welcome! :)

We are glad to have you as a part of our community. Here are some quick links to get you started.

Getting Started Guide | How to Use theNoFap Forums | Panic Button | Day Counter | Rebooting Resources | ForumRules | Glossary

If you wish to keep a journal of your progress you can do so in the appropriate section found here

You can also take part in one of the manychallenges available. It can be a tremendous help. Challenges

Also, there are groups you can also join if you wish to do so. You can browse through them here. Groups

There are plenty of wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable people here to help you along on your journey to a life free of PMO. I wish you nothing but the best!

ha20 likes this.
  6. ha20

ha20 Fapstronaut

I suppose so. Thank you very much. I'll try my best. Support from people like you are what I need to keep going I believe. Good luck to you as well brother.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Heyyy welcome to the NoFap forum : ) It's nice to see you here fighting the good fight alongside us!

Here is just some advice:

First and foremost please take a look at each section in the forum, there might be something(s) you may find of big help to you. Feel free to post there :+)

Then secondly I just strongly advise you to be active on your profile(as there quite a few active people in the profile section). Please start by choosing an avatar and then make daily status posts to show you're active and needing support/encouragement. They've also got a neat little feature that shows freshly posted statuses for all users to see. People will find your profile and give you encouragement/support.

People (are beginning to) love communicating in the profilesection..(it should be and is )mostly spportive talk but it doesn't hurt to deviate from supportive talk. It would be great to have you join in and support others in the threads, profiles, and journal. Make sure and be grateful for the help you received and help after receiving some. Invest in some people's journeys. We could always use your help and in return you shall receive some as well!

Thirdly, You should also highly consider creating a public journal and write about your days in more depth for us members to follow along your journey and offer support to you by way of posting in your journal.

Last but not least: Good luck on your journey here, make sure to really give it a try with all your heart!

ha20 likes this.