1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi, new member here;

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by skyrimfanpaul, Jun 10, 2021.

1. skyrimfanpaul

skyrimfanpaul Fapstronaut

I came here via the Show Dark net (showtime) that i just watched from a video site.

I have been an self-sexual masturbation addict since i was a kid. I have been through a lot, i am older and wiser, and doing my best to stop masturbation permenantly. it is not easy, I can go with out for ages, then i just have a moment. someday it will be years of going without it, thats the goal!

I live in a shared house, all younger than me. I have no close friends, i only have aquaintances. neighbors all doing their own thing. no family either. lived in this room since december 2020. I was working up until then in a live-in job, it was hard , i have other issues. i was abused by a family member as a child who i no longer see. my story is quite long. I became estranged from relations at 25, and was homeless for a long time. I used to sleep outside in parks. i've couch surfed and hooked up with women. I've been alone since 2017.

I want friends. I am LGBTQI friendly, I get on with trans people, I prefer gentle people. I watch Dr.disrespect sometimes on youtube. I am a major fan of skyrim. I like scifi, I love animals and support their rights.

2. Julian Baker

Julian Baker Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Paul,

Nice intro to yourself. You've an interesting story and thanks for the share. Hope you get the best out of Nofap. It's a great place to start re-connecting with people and moving forward and up with life.

Best of luck with your goals and welcome to the forum.

skyrimfanpaul likes this.
  3. UncleBarnacle

UncleBarnacle Fapstronaut

I also wish to welcome you and wish you the very best of luck here!

4. skyrimfanpaul

Thank you Peaceful. I've been alone with my addiction all my life. I only ever told one person about it online. It's not the only issue I have but, such is life. I like the raccoon photo you use. :) all the best. good to meet you here.

5. skyrimfanpaul

Hi Borax, thank you. do you have a Bike ? refering to the one in your profile pic.

6. Julian Baker

Julian Baker Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Thanks, he's a totem of my animal spirit guide

7. skyrimfanpaul

cool, my spirit animal is a fox.

8. zeke27

zeke27 Fapstronaut

Welcome! We're all brothers and sisters here. We support ourselves and maybe we don't know each other in person but, we're here because we have the same goal, overcoming this addiction and not ever watch again.

9. Welcome. Thanks for sharing. I do believe I have a couple close friends but that doesnt help on the loneliness I feel. I believe we have similar stories. Not identical. Our struggles are different but I feel you. Good that you found Nofap. PMO is poison to the mind. You are much better off without it.

10. skyrimfanpaul

Yes, here here. Well met !

11. skyrimfanpaul

I have been celebate for 9 years now. i decided i am an Asexual Bi. I do hope i meet someone to marry oneday. i amaq an addict to my brain chemical/and the action of self-pleasure. I am Not-doing it now. I am recovering.

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  12. Hey!
    I'm not sure if I have the right to say welcome to you since I'm new hear myself, but I will say this to you. I was overwhelmed by the number of empathetic, kind, compassionate people on the forum who run to me to offer their comfort, their support, their good words even if I didn't actually belong to this site.

I promise you that on this forum, you are surrounded by a plethora of people who really care! And that in itself is precious.

Last thing from someone who's not a PMO addict: The goal shouldn't be to go without sexual relief for ages. The goal should be to stop it from being the main event of your every day. Going without sexual relief for too long is, imho, unhealthy and a source of (unnecessary) stress.

13. skyrimfanpaul

For me I decided I
    For me, i decided I want to be Asexual. I hope I find a wife someday.

14. Don't take decisions that will define your future when you feel down.
    You may have a hard time finding a wife who would want to be in a relationship with an asexual.

Kung_fu_panda_ likes this.
  15. skyrimfanpaul

that's ok with me.

16. No, it's not OK. Don't let your sadness, your depression lead you. I've done that. It will take you deeper and deeper into an abyss of nothingness. Please don't do this to yourself.