1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi there ... time to stop at 50

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Brettfrombeyond, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Brettfrombeyond

Brettfrombeyond Fapstronaut

Yeah, embarrassing, but 50 and quite a regular pmo addict. Finding less and less willpower and drive to get off this, like a zombie sometimes. Got to make a change.

I am 2 days in ... the urges will come soon. Thanks for reading friends

Martial and kammaSati like this.
  2. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

3. Welcome. I'm just about a year behind you.

Having been familiar with this online community for a number of years, let me just say the QUALITY of your reboot process makes a huge difference, don't fall into the trap that it's only about time. (and therefore age)

And the fact that it's online is significant, you can make the most of it, maybe keep in close touch and getting to know some APs on a personal level, but also don't fall into the trap that you have a ton of support just because there's a ton of people on the online platform. Although there's more awareness around it now a lot of people still don't seem to appreciate how social support online isn't the same, especially when people only deal with text messages. (which can be a post or even shorter text messages - both in terms of the length of the message and the length of the attention span) And though a video meeting is a lot better, a lot of people seem to have fallen into the trap of convenience and make no effort to meet in person when and where they can.

I mean what if someone told you you can have a lot of great romantic relationships, but you can just basically never meet any of them and it is all long distance? So why would non-romantic relationships for the sake of reboot and recovery be any different?

4. Brettfrombeyond

Brettfrombeyond Fapstronaut

Thanks guys.

It's strange, I'm not getting huge urges. Like coming here and spilling the beans has helped. Plus, I need to diet a bit and have found in the past that cutting back hard on kj seems to curb a lot of urges. Anyone else found that? Anyhow, its day 11 and in grateful, and I'm down a kilo or two as well. Let's keep this up guys...

Martial likes this.