1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

High school sucks man

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Feb 14, 2020.

1. I’m a high school freshman, just to give some background. So last night I get a text from one of my friends (who happens to be an attractive female, I’m not necessarily into her but still) and she starts telling me about how she’s going to tell her crush that she likes him. Now, I’m happy for her, because she had the courage to do that but it really irritates me that she’s taking the time to talk to a guy who she knows is an incel about her love life. Then, come the end of the day, the guy isn’t interested and she turned down 17 other guys. Like what the hell? There is not a single person remotely interested in me and she’s complaining about getting 17? I’m not mad at her or anything but this just get me really irritated on a number of levels. It doesn’t even have anything specifically to do with her, it was just an in-my-face demonstration of the fact that everyone but me does or will have someone. Ugh I hate this disgusting over-commercialized holiday. Not only that, but then everyone’s obsession over either flaunting their relationships or crying their lonely ass eyes out overshadows my birthday the next day, which nobody gives a third of a crap about except my parents. Then I came home feeling like beating it so I did the deed like 10 minutes ago and I feel disgusting (or I would if I got enough sleep to properly function as a human). Overall it was a shit day. My life generally speaking isn’t actually all that bad but wow there are just those moments, those days where the world is just screwing you over.

well that was one hell of a jumbled rant

2. metanite

metanite Fapstronaut

Everything comes at the right time. Don't let those marketing jerks tell you what to do. Stick to nf and be patient
    And happy birthday!

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Valentine's Day is depressing if you're not with anyone. It should be changed to "Singles Awareness Day".

4. Actually, February 15 is National Singles Day. Even worse for me...

5. First of all, Happy Birthday!

Coming from someone who has been out of high school for many years: You know that Dickens quote, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."? I think that describes the high school years well. I had some really special memories, and I encourage you to make the most of this interesting but brief time of life. But having said that, by definition high school will often simply suck. Your peers are not yet mature, they can be insensitive or even mean, and everyone's figuring everything out and annoying or hurting others in the process.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I remember feeling that way on Valentine's Day. But girls did come into the picture eventually! Don't worry, it won't be like this forever.

6. Thank you man. That was really good to see. :)

goodnice 2.0 and Marshall 5 like this.
  7. leetspeak

leetspeak Fapstronaut

Be grateful for your time while you're in high school. As you get older, and when you get a job, you'll regret saying that those years sucked.

Those young days when you're free of responsibility, assuming you are, are usually the best days of your life.

8. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

I hated that day this year especially. What made it a little easier was knowing I wasn’t alone in being alone.

9. Can you explain your username? I can help you out if you are trying to become a better Christian and overcome pmo