1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hoary History

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by I Am that I Am, Dec 10, 2017.

1. I Am that I Am

I Am that I Am Fapstronaut

Well I wanted to start a discussion on some really, really old history but didn't seem to see any as antediluvian as I am having urges for.

Why?

Some bogus crap about a Stargate in Iraq made me start drooling over the factual lore of the ancient city of Ur. Supposedly Iraq used to be the center of the world in a way that America is today (China is stepping up to dethrone them actually and it isn't looking pretty) and Ur could be likened to NYC. A bustling megacity.

I will be digging for something interesting about Ur to share. Please discuss any history starting no later than 5000 BC please. I know Ur existed up until much later than the 6th millenium BC but no discussion on it after 5000 BC, absolutely unwanted.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. I Am that I Am

Ok I am so apologetic for my careless rashness. The overwhelming urge to discuss ancient Ur made me jump further back in time than the city was actually bustling or possibly even didn't exist yet.

A source told me it may have been settled as early as the 6th millenium. Britannica is telling me more like the 4th. It wasn't bustling though till the First Dynasty of Sumerian Kings in the 25th century BCE.

I am not a historian. I am just a guy who has a desire to learn about things really, really old because I was baked out of my skull in history class in high school.

So let's open the floor to an even older topic of the Jericho Settlement.

Actually the discussion floor is open for any discussion about any history older than 5k in the land before time and yes please discuss theories of humans hunting dinos.

[​IMG]

Were there actually Turok like sapiens back then?

P.S. I apologize for what I am going to dig up and share but I am on caffeine. I am sick and usually don't ingest hundreds and hundreds of milligrams such as I am now but I am sick and just want to feel better already.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  3. I Am that I Am

Ok I hate to go there but ya.

Firstly, scrap the Turok idea. Scrap the dinosaur idea too. I think human civilizations may have existed before scientists coined up the whole dino story from old bones in the ground.

Secondly, I actually have been high in Church on the devil's lettuce. The Bible has alot of cool stuff in it that I respect but some parts just make me turn the page and say ya so that's why I am a Buddhist and don't believe in a creator god figure. Way off topic but I swear it's all gonna come back around to Sumerian Kings and dat Jericho Set yo.

Not cool if you are getting off the devil's lettuce otherwise no triggers for rebooting,

So if dinosaurs actually existed how have aliens not arrived here at one point through a stargate? I think the ancient Sumeria may point one in a certain direction. Jericho I am not so sure of. One more location to seek answers from then I am all squelched out of motivation to discuss hoary history.

4. I Am that I Am

Ok this is where I stop as my interest is depleted now since I gave into the history urge with reckless abandon. Glad it is out of my system actually unlike you know what mmmkay.

Someone is saying perhaps they mean days in the video and not years? Another guy is proposing that from the Vedic perspective human lifespans increase and decrease throughout the ages by thousands and thousands of years and perhaps it is not just the Vedic tradition that views lifespan fluctuations like this.

tumblr_npy7l02zpM1tslewgo1_500.gif

And God bless if He is yours. Feel free to continue who knows my interest might come back in the Jericho Settlement. I wish history that ancient could become more accurate though with less theory and speculation.

Maybe someone can finally build a time machine so we can know what really happened?

5. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

I believe in the ancient city of Thule. I believe in the sea levels lowering, and land raising from the bottom of the ocean.

I Am that I Am likes this.
  6. I Am that I Am

I will have to look into this. I believe in alot of things science cannot validate. But I also disbelief alot of crazy theories out there.

This video is actually quite grounded in logic too:

7. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut