1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hobbies that override a pmo craving?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Leastwoo, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Did I mention crossword puzzles?

2. nfprogress

nfprogress Fapstronaut

Chess isn't bad for a computer game backup. Code katas if you like programming.

3. Taking walks. That's what I do. It's free, healthy and the best part, it's refreshing! Especially at night.

I couldn't help noticing your signature and the level system you have. Awesome!
    I made one too, with a title for every 7th day, where I 'upgrade'. It started with months, but I'm taking it one week at a time for now ;)

4. richie3846

richie3846 Fapstronaut

I feel lucky, because I have a 'hardcore' hobby. I play the piano and find it extremely satisfying to transfer my sexual energy into improving my playing. I can honestly say that I have moved my playing forward quicker in the last month since reducing ejaculation than ever before - 20 years of playing. What's extraordinary is the sharpness of my mind. I am overcoming major pianistic hurdles I've struggled with for years, in just a short few weeks. The piano has been a major incentive, and, in a way a catalyst in killing my desire to PMO.

5. Lemig71

Lemig71 New Fapstronaut

- Transcendental Meditation (twice a day for 20 minutes). Google David Lynch Foundation.
    - Salsa / bachata dance classes. (Re)learn real iteractions with everyday women: rythm, guiding, smile, touch, eye-contact...

6. It_is_time

It_is_time Fapstronaut

House work is a challenge. I find that listing my chores and choosing 2 items per weekend work well. This way, I eventually get things done but make time for fun stuff with the family. I always ask myself: "What will happen if I don't get this done now?" and "Does it have eternal value?". Quality family time has eternal value. Painting the shed doesn't. I guess it becomes a balancing act - a juggle of sorts. Some balls are rubber and bounce back if you drop them. Some balls are glass. Better not drop those.

7. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

There's long term and short term, and some things work both in the long and short. Lots of hobbies involve building something, why not just build an amazingly intricate recovery plan that totally overhauls your life? Nofap would be a part of it but if you get into it you're going to have all kinds of good stuff beyond the basic as a part of your system.

Abstinence is what we call a bottom line, there's a lot of higher standard stuff to do beyond the bottom. Take care of yourself in all ways on all levels and you inevitably rise way above that bottom line.