1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Holding Myself Accountable

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Chess_and_Gym, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Chess_and_Gym

Chess_and_Gym New Fapstronaut

Hi NF-community,

Last year I came across this page and found that I had an issue that the idea of NoFap could help me overcome. And so I started, PMO for 90 days, a cold reboot, that I failed at day 48 on my first attempt. However, I fought back. On my second attempt I already managed and after those 90 days I just kept going. I made it to approximately 110 to 120 days until I fell back again.
    My initial idea was to go back to just never watching P again, whilst I would allow myself MO after the reboot... . Unfortunately - fail.

Now, I think I know what I did wrong. I had nobody whom I told about this and when I succeeded, there was no way to share my joy or sense of healing with anyone. (I had not joined the internet community by creating an account here, unfortunately.)

Finally, I am back and have started a PM challenge this time, where I am on day 11. Obviously, the aim is 120 days. Why not PMO?
    Well, two reasons come to my mind. I am in no (sexual) relationship, so there is no technical difference for me. However, whilst on my last reboot I had to learn how to become sociable again, I can say that I am by now. Hence, not allowing M but O, i.e. having real sexual intercourse with a real human being, shall function as an incentive to overcome my sexual and relationship anxiety. Although it is highly unlikely that I will enter a relationship or even just a bedroom within the next months, just the thought of the theoretical option gives me perspective into the right direction.

This is my situation. Please wish me well.
    I have already learned my personal lesson from NoFap, which in my personal experience is related (as is any addiction) to loneliness or isolation: Friends are the most important thing in the world.

Peace.

D . J . likes this.
  2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

The enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

Chess_and_Gym likes this.
  3. Chess_and_Gym

Chess_and_Gym New Fapstronaut

Hi,
    thank you for the reply.
    Current strategies:
    • (learn to) play the Ukulele
    • practice playing the drums
    • go for a walk
    • exercise (Calisthenics)
    • read (usually on my eBook-reader)
    • meet with friends