How can anyone seriously be happy in heaven knowingly that other people are suffering in hell?

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

How can anyone seriously be happy in heaven knowingly that other people are suffering in hell? Like seriously? How? I guess you'll tell yourself that they deserve it but still though how could you do such a thing?

2. Jonny1992

Jonny1992 Fapstronaut

Psalm 146,4
    Ecclesiastes 9,5-6,10
    Jeremiah 7:31
    Deuteronomy 18,10-11
    Ezekiel 18,4

Read them in your own native language. Then you know the answer.

Tango Foxtrot likes this.
  3. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

So you believe in annihilationism?

4. Jonny1992

Jonny1992 Fapstronaut

Sorry dude, I don’t know that word, I am not an native english speaker. And my smartphone is only restricted to allowed websites. I can’t google that word. What does it mean?

5. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

It means that you believe that sinners' souls get destroyed after they die rather than them suffering eternally in an actual hell.

Coffee Candy and Jonny1992 like this.
  6. Jonny1992

Jonny1992 Fapstronaut

Well, it is not the case what I believe or not. I just read the bible and let her speak.

For example: John 11. the whole chapter is about a revive Lazarus. If you want you can read it. But if he is in heaven why should Jesus revived him? He could habe said the Lord needed another angel. And I am sure heaven is greater than earth, why didn’t Lazarus complained that Jesus brought him back to earth? I would!

but instead everyone was happy.

Roady and need4realchg like this.
  7. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

I'm confused. What specifically do you believe the Bible says about where souls go in the afterlife?

Coffee Candy likes this.
  8. Jonny1992

Jonny1992 Fapstronaut

Ok, sorry.

I believe that human itself is a soul, not having a soul! The theory of having an immortal soul came 300 years after Jesus. Before that nobody belived that.

Genesis 2,7 shows, that god breathed into the nose of adam and he became a living soul. Not that he got a soul. It is the same difference if I would say to farmer, he is a pig or he got a pic.

Genesis 3,19 shows that Adam would have returned to dust.

why should he continue to live either hell or heaven, when god said you will be punished with dead? The god would be a liar. He just stopped to exist.

In jeremiah he said,the thought to burn someone alive, never even came into his heart.

And hell is often mistakenly translated, it means sheol or something like that and that means something like grave.

Roady likes this.
  9. Mr. McMarty

Mr. McMarty Fapstronaut

Oh, I got the answer! We will be entirely at peace, knowing our loved ones are in Hell because Gods perfect righteous judgment will be revealed to us. We will praise and honor him for his perfect love which includes judgment.

Roady likes this.
  10. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

So you believe that people just remain dead? Well I guess the question is irrelevant to you then.

11. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

Right, like I said in the OP, you think they deserve it but seriously they are suffering... I could never be happy in such a situation. Has God no compassion?

Coffee Candy likes this.
  12. Jonny1992

Jonny1992 Fapstronaut

Yeah, because that is what I read in the bible.

13. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

OK well others disagree but thanks for your response.

14. Jonny1992

Jonny1992 Fapstronaut

You have your right to believe what you want. Thx for not being aggressive for sharing my opinion :).

for me the bible is the word of god, that’s why I take it seriously what I showed you.

Coffee Candy, Roady and Brokenman123 like this.
  15. Mr. McMarty

Mr. McMarty Fapstronaut

No you couldent. People who worship God are not concerned with how they feel. Only the worship of the creator. His judgment not ours so to speek.

16. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

Sorry but how can anyone worship someone who burns people alive?

17. Hold it in

Hold it in Fapstronaut

I used to have this same opinion in my back sliding. "How could you" "How can God blah blah blah." to try to figure out every little possiblity to discredit God, and his righteousness. I don't think the answer matters

The only thing that matters at least in my opinion is you come to a place in your life and realize God loves you no matter what. Your past doesn't matter, your current situation doesn't matter. Etc..

When I came to that place in my own life and was aware of just how much God loved me in all my stupidity, I only wanted to love him back.

And thus I stopped questioning him. It doesn't matter

Roady likes this.
  18. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

Are you also saying that I'd be happy no matter what?

19. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

Well other people suffering in hell matters to me.

Coffee Candy likes this.
  20. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    I have peace knowing that if I end up in hell that God would send me there in a righteous manner. Eternal torment would really suck, but how God would choose to send me is not something I’m afraid of.

God would look through all my life and put His judgement to me in a way that I could understand. I’m confident that I would have earned every little bit of suffering I would get. I can accept that and love God for that, even if it means I’m doomed. At least I’d get to know why.

God is just. He won’t send a single soul to hell who doesn’t fully deserve to be there. If someone who was evil was given a free pass, then what of the suffering of those who had to endure their evil in this life? This life is unfair and for justice to be upheld on a cosmic scale, something needs to be done with everything that happens in this life for the start of the next one.

What that should be exactly we can debate for a long time, but my answer is like @Mr. McMarty’s. I’m just a human, bound within the confines of time and space. My perspective on eternity, life & reality is very limited and I’d be a fool to think that I could judge what God should do.

Coffee Candy and Roady like this.