1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I increase my testosterone levels naturally?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Hi

I would like to naturally increase my testosterone levels.

What are the methods I could use?

What I thought about is:
    • NoFap
    • Cold showers everyday (especially icing your balls)
    • Workout everyday (but which one is the best for testosterone?)
    • Diet (but which one? I've read that cholesterol can be transformed into testosterone or something, so eggs are a good way to go)
    • Music (i actually read that Gregorian Chant increases Testosterone which sounds funny)
    • Vitamin D3 and Omega 3 supplementation

Those are just ideas but I would like to make them more concrete and specific so I can plan properly.

Are there some other (rather unknown) tips i could use?

im_done likes this.
  2. SaiyanWarrior

SaiyanWarrior Fapstronaut

Heavy leg day. Nothing beats it.

Rev2.0, iwanttoheal and PanteriMauzer like this.
  3. Eat healthy, don't use sugars etc. No sodas n shit, just water. Meat, protein, foods that contain iron in it like red meat, spinach etc. Workouts, running etc.

JLD and Rev2.0 like this.
  4. Lufaro

Lufaro Fapstronaut

The most importants are:
    - sleep well
    - workout well
    - not be sedentary

About the diet, you have to eat well in general, not thinking about testosterone.
    If you eat more eggs they will not give you more cholesterol, because this one is product by our body for the most and it is balanced well [If you don't have any problem, for example cholesterol too much high in general].
    For example: in a day you don't eat anything with cholesterol, so your body will produce it by itself. But if you eat some food with cholesterol, your body will reduce is own production. It's very balanced and you can't control it.

The three tips I gave you serve to not reduce the testosterone during the years. We have a peak of testosterone around 20 years, this peak will drop down every year that pass... But if you workout, eat well and sleep well, the line will be reduced less.

Rev2.0 likes this.
  5. iwanttoheal

iwanttoheal Fapstronaut

Lift very heavy 3 to 4 times a week.

Rev2.0, SaiyanWarrior and Lufaro like this.
  6. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Having a good sleep

Dont eating junk food

SaiyanWarrior likes this.
  7. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

DIET

- Eat lots of eggs. 4 a day minimum, 6 if you can afford it.

- Eat lots of foods high in boron, magnesium, selenium and/or zinc. There are tons of "best foods for testosterone" lists on Google but my go-tos are salmon, tuna, beef, spinach, raisins, honey, avocados, and pumpkin seeds.

- Avoid all sugars except naturally occurring in fruit like the plague. Especially high fructose corn syrup.

- Beer is highly estrogenic. Cut back or quit it altogether (I know, this one really sucks.)

- Broccoli and other cruciferous veggies like cauliflower, kale and brussel sprouts aren't test-boosting per se but they help block estrogen that gets into your body other ways. There isn't a single one of them I enjoy eating but the benefits are real so I do it anyway. I consider them my secret weapon and my safety mechanism when I fall off the wagon into low T or anti T foods.

EXERCISE

- Weight lifting, hell yeah. Deadlifts and squats especially, using free weights as heavy as you can manage. I wouldn't advise working out every day though. Your body needs recovery time or it will overstress and increase cortisol which is the mortal enemy of T. I'm older than a lot of guys on this board but I find three free-weight workouts a week is the sweet spot for me, i.e., one day of recovery twice a week and one two-day recovery.

- High intensity interval training (HIIT), a form of cardio exercise where you alternate short 20 to 45-second periods of very high effort activity with similar lengths of low effort or rest. For me this is running 35-yard sprints at our local high school track but you can do biking, stairs, rowing, etc. Do NOT do long periods of steady state cardio. Those boost cortisol and work against T.

REST - Get at least 7 hrs of quality sleep a night. This is a hard one for me.

SUPPLEMENTS - Meh. I take Maca powder, L Citrulline and sometimes Tongkat Ali but they're not directly for T. DO take Vitamin D and also supplement with magnesium, zinc, boron, and/or selenium tablets if you're not getting them regularly from food.

OTHER

- T and libido don't directly correlate. It's possible to have solid T levels and still be lacking in sex drive. It's also possible (though less so) to have a decent libido even with low T. That said, once your body adapts to the diet and exercise tips above, you're very likely to be getting pretty randy so be sure to have a willing partner at the ready.

- Have a doctor that takes T seriously. Too many of the old school docs will just look at your number, see if you're "in range" and blow off anything else if you are. You know your body better than anyone else and if you feel your T is too low, it probably is and F what the charts say for your age.

- Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is a big thing especially with older men. When you see a guy 40, 50 yrs old who's as ripped as a college athlete in his prime, I guarantee you he's getting "help" with his T if not other elements too. I personally haven't gone that route but I have no issues with any man who does... just would strongly encourage you to thoroughly research the pros and cons first.

Hope this all helps. Good luck!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    i89rt5, JLD, Jonas459 and 1 other person like this.
  8. StoicContemplation

StoicContemplation Fapstronaut

Some good tips on this thread

I'd like to add:

- get vitamin D through exposure to the sun (go outside)
    - I use a standing-desk often to avoid the sedentary lifestyle. This allows for better blood flow and activation of the biggest muscle groups of your body, i.e. hamstrings, glutes and quads. Also burns fat which highers T
    - meditation to lower cortisol (high cortisol lowers T)
    - approach girls
    - paleo diet. This is eating like a caveman by adjusting your nutrition to the pre-agricultural times. It is implicitly mentioned above, cut out sugar, other processed carbs and gluten (pasta, bread). I remember when I went paleo for a few weeks my energy levels were sky high and I also felt aggressive (also my veins on my arms were visible)

Pluto likes this.
  9. JLD

JLD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Very good thread. Pretty much everything has been said already.

I would just say to not become obese.

In summary, observational studies consistently show a strong association of obesity with low circulating testosterone levels in men. Indeed, epidemiological data suggest that the single most powerful predictor of low testosterone is obesity, and that obesity is a major contributor of the age-associated decline in testosterone levels.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...y decreases total,suppression of the HPT axis.

SaiyanWarrior likes this.
  10. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

not sure if its possible. you can be more healthy by eating well, staying fit etc. But at the end of the day... a body builder told me once, "if its not illegal, it won't increase it"

11. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

Heavy leg workout
    Proper sleep
    Cauliflower family
    Whole egg
    NOFAP

12. KingWhalers

KingWhalers Fapstronaut

- Nofap
    - Sleep 8 hours a day
    - Workout
    - Eat healthy
    - Cold showers
    - Get vitamin D from sun at least 15-30 min a day, if you don't have any time to do that, just get vitamin D supplements.
    - Eat food high protein, zinc, magnesium. Or get supplements again as the last resort.

JLD and Rev2.0 like this.
  13. AlphaWolf1408

AlphaWolf1408 Fapstronaut

Lowering body fat is underrated. If you want higher T, your body fat shouldn't be too high.

Anything above 15% is willingly giving yourself a handicap. You can have all the T in the world, body fat will still convert it to Estrogen (through aromatase).

14. Sorry to ask here, but what is testosterone and why is there so much interest in it on this forum?

15. JLD

JLD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

It is the male hormone. It gives you fu**ing power.

SaiyanWarrior and Rev2.0 like this.
  16. JLD

JLD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Selenium and zinc?

17. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

I don't believe anything will actually increase your test to noticeable levels that's legal.
    Supposedly creatine helps a little but nothing crazy