1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How can i prevent wet dreams?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by DopaMonkey, Jul 1, 2019.

1. DopaMonkey

DopaMonkey Fapstronaut

In a video someone said that "you have to channel your sexual energy into a spiritual practice or it will stagnate and lead to a wet dream" - is this true? Would chasing goals and putting myself into uncomfortable situations also prevent wet dreams?

Does meditation help? Or what exactly. Thanks all

2. I do not believe in that channellimg energy thingy many people propose. But I always had the ability to construct and create the world around my dream. I used this ability to more or less plan out my dreams.

Simply put, when sex comes up, its replace with daredevil danger stuff. Last night was a survival mode. I do not know how that will help, but its what I do. Note sometimes, itz hard to change the picture and the sexual thoughts dominate. But practicing during the day would help.

Try to get rid of fantasising... first.
    Cold showers. Warm showers. Dude just bathe before you got to bed. I fail to see the difference in water temperature effects. As a cold body will just fight to get warm (homeostasis) and vice versa. This would help to fall asleep quicker.

DopaMonkey likes this.
  3. Kritsch

Kritsch Fapstronaut

Hey,
    this topic is very interesting to me.
    I practice lucid dreaming, but I don't have any sex in them, because I limit my sexual activities to women that I love, women that have a living soul. But even though I don't have any sexual thoughts in my dreams, I do sometimes have an orgasm. Last night for example, I had a lucid dream in which I was riding a bike and screaming around (lol), and after about 100 meters I perfectly knew that I came in my non- dream- body.

This actually bothers me because everytime I come my dream collapses and I have to renew my bedsheets haha.
    This was the first time of me having a wet dream in about 30 days, I am in my 7th month of full- time nofap.

DopaMonkey and Deleted Account like this.
  4. Boanerges777

Boanerges777 Fapstronaut

Train your mind to not lust anymore in thought and in deed

DopaMonkey and Deleted Account like this.
  5. DopaMonkey

DopaMonkey Fapstronaut

I don't yet understand how people are able to do that, how do you train your mind against a biological impulse? Time for me to do more research.

6. ReachYourHighestPeak

ReachYourHighestPeak Fapstronaut

Yes, one of the big ways to prevent wet dreams (and relapsing in P/M/O) is to use this energy as force and power behind personal goals that you strongly wish to achieve in your life. It takes some mastery and some regular visualization, but once mastered will turn you into a real conscious creator of your reality.

Also, sleeping on your back all night helps loads ;)

7. SaveTheSeedofLife

SaveTheSeedofLife Fapstronaut

You can not avoid them, its a natural mechanism, they get less as you age even if you dont jack off. Your body starts to absorb old sperm that is not ejaculated. Its always been like that since humans were conceived. If wet dreams are really bothering you then the only way is to jack off and that is not your goal. To be honest there are guys that jack off and still gets them so depends on your body as well. Just embrace them and live a simple life bro. Life too short to be stressing out something so insignificant. You grow up and look back and start laughing on how dumb things you did but that is the learning process. A lot of people here gonna tell you do this and do that but trust me the best way is to embrace it and you see it will adjust by then you will have someone to have sex with and that phase will be in the past. Embrace it!

MONSTER MONK likes this.
  8. DesertExplorer

DesertExplorer Fapstronaut

There are definitely people who can prevent wet dreams, so the statement "you can't prevent them" seems rather bold. But it sure is a natural mechanism. And if you're not in a relationship, it's even harder to avoid it.

9. SaveTheSeedofLife

Sorry bro, you can not avoid them. All that have taken health or hygiene in school also experiencing W.D knows you can not prevent them. If you have found a magic formula then let us know, the only way is masturbating and having sex and still there is a chance of it happening. So in the meanwhile yes its a bold statement. Also I am older than you so kinda know what I am talking about. ;-)

10. DesertExplorer

I'm not sure how you know my age (have I made it public?), but telling me that you know what you're talking about because you're older is not a very strong argument.

Masturbation and sex are not the only ways to prevent them. And no, there's no magic formula. There are meditations you can try to transmute the sexual energy. And countless of people who already do it through other means too. I personally don't meditate too often but when my mind is focused on my work, though I may be challenged in dreams, I manage to not ejaculate any semen in my sleep for weeks.

Also, Check Mantak Chia. No, not you. But others who may be skeptical and are reading my post right now. Because you, my friend, seem to have already made up your mind about the matter and don't care to neither research or experiment further. Good day.

11. SaveTheSeedofLife

Lol...umm o.k? You did put it in your profile which is 23. I am in my 30's. By default, any one older than is more knowledgeable. Of course you going to go against wet dreams and say things without backing it up with evidence especially when your defending your work. Thank you for telling me what to do and not to do because apparently you know everything especially how did I knew your age?? Either way youre right about me sticking to my wet dreams. But dont promise guys out there that w.d are avoidable when it is not especially that ONLY your metaphysical stuff can do that. Sound lile more of a cult than anything. Feel sorry for those who skip hygiene class and have no idea that w.d. can not be avoided.

12. DesertExplorer

Listen, man. I just said that your statement is bold and your first reaction was to go like "sorry, bro.. it ain't happening... cause hygiene class... and yeah, I am also older than you." What's your problem? I think you're a little touchy. I just expressed my opinion.

And now you're asking me for evidence? You do realize that any person I quote talking about this won't change anything because you have already made your mind about it and you are going to do some mental gymnastics to prove them wrong? I think you are wise enough to see this.

The fact that it is a natural mechanism doesn't make them unavoidable. So, if you want to expand on your thesis, I'll be more than glad to listen to you.

"By default, any one older than is more knowledgeable." I don't really know what to say about this. It's such a general argument that makes it too easy to refute. What kind of knowledge are we talking about? How do more years of life add to knowledge? Does that apply to every circumstance? Is that the only factor at play? If so, how? You see, even though you are older, your statements refute themselves.

And when it comes to something as sexual transmutation, it makes sense you would call it "metaphysical". We label anything this way if we can't understand it.

If you want to have a debate about the matter, I have no problem joining you. I would be interested to participate in something like that as it will be of great benefit to the community here. But you need to chill. No reason to be so defensive about this matter and so arrogant about an age gap.

13. MMMA

MMMA Fapstronaut

I know that wetdreams are normal .

14. SaveTheSeedofLife

Not touchy, very chill here, you made a comment and said I was bold. Now I am responding back to your comment. If you going to make comments expect to receive a response. So take it and move on instead if being a sensitive millennial.

15. DesertExplorer

Of course I expected to receive a responce. I didn't expect to receive that kind of response. And now you prefer calling me irrelevant names instead of engaging in a civilized conversation. Anyway, do as you like.