1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How come I rarely see guys doing cold approaches?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by ArtPoet21, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

I'm guessing there's been a drop off in traditional cold approach behaviours thanks to easy access to online intimacy, easy access to the dating market, and parts of society conflating traits of masculinity with toxicity.

However, cold approaches may also be happening in a way that doesn't stand out on everyone's radar. Like others here have mentioned, if you get any combination of held eye contact, smile, looking then looking down, these could all be invitations for an interaction that might go well.

If one approaches after one or more green lights from above, and then half way through a friendly casual conversation both people are vibing well and sharing laughs, this would appear way more natural to any bystander, and I'm guessing would have a better success rate than traditional "that girl looks hot, time to intercept" approaches.

TL;DR, I'm guessing lots of guys are checking out, but also imagine it's very possible to bypass all the online noise and meet women who give you a signal of interest in the first few seconds you see them.

2. I'm not checking out, I genuinely want conversations with people especially dialogue that could lead into deeper relations with women. I just haven't had much time yet and I am often wary about who I associate myself with and try to keep more of my deeper thoughts private. I also don't really like talking about my interests or hobbies unless there are people who are genuinely interested. and aren't doing so to push any agenda on to me.

Reborn16 likes this.
  3. ArtPoet21

ArtPoet21 Fapstronaut

I was at the Library today....that's one place that's underrated in terms of approaching young women. There were a couple of ladies out studying this morning and afternoon. I was like the only dude there sitting at the tables, coulda approached one of them but decided not to because I had to leave.

4. What exactly makes a cold approach? Like saying something off or crude to get a woman’s attention?

I think I’ve dealt with a cold approach from a woman one time. I was acting nice and no feelings towards this girl at work that was a customer. I was doing my job. Not sure if it was her insecurity but she sneezed and so said bless you. I kindly took her merch she didn’t want and she annoying said to me “ Sorry. It just occurred to me that so have a boyfriend.”

I gave her a look like she was a moron so I don’t know if I got the cold approach or what.

onceaking likes this.
  5. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Recently, a woman was sent to prison for 8 years for lying during a rape trial. It's good news, but the arrested man spent 10 weeks in jail and people vandalised his house. It's crazy because he only met the woman on a night out with his friends and the next day he's getting arrested. So I supposed even if you don't cold approach a woman she still might accuse you of rape.

6. I remember reading this story about a Lesbian who falsely accused fifteen men of rape, and got ten years in prison for it. Her reason was the dumbest of all TO MAKE HER EX LOVER JEALOUS! Call me a homophobe, but this is exactly why I stay the hell away from LGBT people but hold no malice or hatred against them because I don't think they deserve it. But at the same time I haven't really had too many positive experiences with any and I just want to do my own thing at the end of the day and don't want people to make their thing into my thing. I hate collectivism for this very reason.