1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How crossfit helped me

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Viking83, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Viking83

Viking83 Fapstronaut

Hi everyone,

Not sure how many of you guys/girls here do crossfit already, or are interested in it. For me it was a huge step in the right direction. So, here some reasons why it helped me, and could help you too.

I get out of the house.
    Crossfit is quite popular, and lessons are usually fully booked a couple of days in advance. As such, I need to plan and schedule my workout. The good thing is that I am so much more motivated to go because of this. I don't have the possibility to postpone going to the gym just 20 minutes to watch a bit more P, just so it creeps into 2 hours.

It is social.
    There are other people in the workout, with whom you communicate. You will notice that these strangers are actually very nice people, who also have there own struggles in life. Sometimes you even do a buddy workout, where you are paired up with a buddy to do a workout together.

You feel so good after a workout.
    Well, usually I am completely exhausted and my body hurts a bit for a couple of days. But the chemicals that are released after a HIT workout are very nice. Especially paired with a proud feeling because you gave it all you have, and the support you get from the coach and others.

You get stronger, and faster.
    You will see improvements in your workouts, and daily life gets easier.

You get mentally stronger / more disciplined.
    Pushing yourself through a challenging workout builds character. You will learn slowly but steadily to not give up and keep going, even if it is difficult or painful.

It is safe.
    There is a coach who will help you to do the movements safely. Crossfit's mantra is mechanics, consistency, intensity. Meaning first you learn the technique, then you learn to repeat it with a consistency, only then you start to increase intensity.

Your body will look better.
    You will look better naked, nuff said.

As you can see, I have seen many benefits after starting crossfit. I can recommend it to everyone who is interested in exercise, and becoming fitter.

I would love to hear from you fellow fapstronauts what your experiences are with crossfit.

Kind regards,
    Steven

2. Thank you for your testimonial.

I've been working out for 3 years. I have never tried crossfit but I have known a few friends who do it regularly.

The logic remains the same: give it all at the gym. It brings a lot, both physically and mentally.It's especially concerning the fact that I like to do uncomfortable things that I see the difference compared to before.

I eat healthily
    I approach girls I like on the street
    I have life goals
    I can get up early in the morning

For me it is necessary to combine sport with other habits otherwise all this energy remains unused. For me I use it to talk to girls ahah

Viking83 likes this.