1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How did your SA aid in your own recovery as a partner?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by SodaSuds, Apr 18, 2019.

1. SodaSuds

SodaSuds Fapstronaut

I am conflicted by feelings of fresh inadequacy and the desire to care for and support my SA partner so I wanted to ask feedback from both parties:

As the SO, what has your addicted partner done that you found was effective in helping you to recover your trust and self-confidence in the relationship? (I understand that no outside party should be responsible for your own feelings of adequacy but lets be honest; even the hottest SO can feel worthless to their partner after discovery)

I personally have a great self image but I now feel less that worthy to my partner despite his assurances otherwise. I, however, do not feel these insecurities around other people.

SAs, what have you found worked in building the confidence of your SO? Are these steps integral to your own healing process or are they an emotional drain that may take more time to muster?