1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I find a girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Lukas99, Feb 10, 2018.

1. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

True.

Also true.

This is where you're wrong. I met a lot of women because I used dating websites and hookup apps--places where I knew I'd be shielded from the rejection that I was terrified of. So I met women, but I never really addressed the deeper reasons why I was so insecure and afraid of rejection. I carried those insecurities into my relationships, and I've lost relationships because of it.

If you met me in person, you'd assume I have no problem with women. I'm very athletic, muscular, and I'm constantly told I resemble an actor who was once People's "Sexiest Man Alive." But if I'm sitting in a bar and a gorgeous woman sits a few seats away from me, the idea of talking to her scares the shit out of me. And it's all because of those deep childhood/adolescent experiences that have just stuck with me. It's stupid, but it's the truth. It's like the presence of a gorgeous woman immediately takes me back to being 15 years old, when I desperately wanted girls to like me and I was obscenely jealous of the football and basketball players who got all the attention.

I'm only sharing this to say that looks can be deceiving. I wish I were more confident with women. And in some situations, I can be ... but for the most part, it's a fear that I'm constantly working to overcome, and even 200+ sexual partners hasn't been able to do it for me. In the end, screwing someone isn't the solution. Learning to be content and comfortable with yourself is the solution, and that comes from working on yourself and the things that you value, which is why I suggested that to the OP.

I trust that as I continue to work on myself, I'll have a lot more confidence that comes from within, and that's what I want to feel when I interact with women. I'm not there yet.

2. Drift

Drift Fapstronaut

He’s going to build a pay-wall on nofap you mean.

Noelle likes this.
  3. Lukas99

Lukas99 Fapstronaut

Hey, thanks for checking up. Not doing well at all in the matter of NoFap, I will make a thread right now about it. With girls and everything it got way better I would say, I started talking way more with people and I don't give a damn if I stutter anymore, so I'm sort of fighting through that to stop stuttering once and for all, it got better now, I don't do it as much and can nearly control it at times.

TheBigBadWolf likes this.