1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I get her to talk instead of me talking?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Deleted Account, Jun 22, 2017.

1. I got her number from her. And I didn't ask her to come for a movie. I was planning on asking her, but I didn't. And as I've written above, I did try to get her to meet me, but you can see what happened(above).

2. Anyways, just a little update. I got a person I know, who knows her, and is willing to help me find out if she has a boyfriend or not.
    Now I'm already in a "don't want this anymore" state of mind, but i thought fuck it why not? If it turns out she is single, maybe I'll ask her out properly.

Like I'll just walk up to her in college, and tell her my feelings.

It's all gone to shit anyways. At most she'll reject me, which I'm already getting depressed about. So nothing worse will happen.

Of course it still depends on what our "mutual" friend finds out, but I'm not expecting anything lol.

3. faplordxd

faplordxd Fapstronaut

Bruh who gives a fuck if she has a boyfriend just walk up to her and say "i think you're cute, hang out with me this week" dont ask just tell her

Girls dont like to make decisions like that its better to just lead and worst comes to worst she will say no and now you know shes not into you

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

All right, time for a postmortem! This...this will be bloody. The purpose of this really is to help, though. It sucks she hasn't responded and it doesn't seem to be working out - that's a shitty feeling. So, deep breath, let's do this:
    How can you tell if any other person in interested in having a conversation with you? Next time you're in an intense conversation, have a look at them. Where are their eyes looking? Where are they facing? What is telling you that they are involved in this convo?
    I've also found that Shakira is right - the hips don't lie. If they are squared to you, she's in the conversation. If they're pointed towards the door or anywhere else, she wants to run.
    You have no evidence for this assertion. You are trying to minimise how you feel, which I get, but more bs doesn't solve bs.
    Accept that she might not be into you, and that is an idea you will have to get used to. I know hundreds of women who aren't into me, and they have the right to be not into me. I also have the pleasure of knowing one woman who is...All you need is one.
    OK, have you every gotten an invite on Facebook or something from that one friend who messages everybody in his friends list with something like, "hey, we should all meet up for something tomorrow, maybe. We can hang out and stuff." Did you ever actually go? Did anyone else? Blanket invitations and vague language obscure what you want.
    Were I to ask you, "Hi, so will you be free sometime in the next while? I was hoping we could maybe connect, possibly," what would your response be?
    What kind of language am I using?
    What kind of message am I sending?
    Requests need to be clear, specific, and personal, especially when it comes to dating.
    What can you do next time to make your request clear, specific, and personal?
    What did you mean by "chill"? What could you replace it with?
    What are more definite, concrete terms you could use?
    How could you personalise it to this girl?
    Really: what do you want, when do you want it, and how are you going to get it there?

Oh, and this is really important:
    What makes you think it is desperate to ask twice? What are other possible explanations for her not responding? What are reasons you don't immediately respond to everything?

Don't go for dates at the movies. Dating is for getting to know people, talking to them, sharing experiences together. Movies are not these things unless you are a cinephile. Coffee...first dates are for coffee! Or places you can talk, like amusement parks or museums or the zoo.
    This is a bad plan. You are planning a colossal failure. How do you think this will honestly play out? Seriously, if your best friend came to you and said, "Hey, I don't think this girl likes me and I feel it's all gone to shit, so I am going to tell her I like her in a public place because the worst she can do is reject me, and I already feel like shit" what would you say? It is a bad f*cking plan!

Try something else!

Maybe you can clear up a point I'm confused on, rereading this thread: when you say "talk" and "conversations"...do you mean with your mouth? Like, the difficulties in conversation with this girl are when you speak to her? Because I can tell you in my experience spoken conversations are very different than texted or written ones. Written ones tend to die, tend to get revitalised momentarily by a good open-ended question and honest inquiry after it, but they all peter out - even those with my really close family members! Flap the things around your face hole and it is a little different. Conversation can stall but it's not the end of the world because you are still physically present and that makes a difference.

Instead of setting yourself up for failure, what can you do to set yourself up for success?
    What do you need to do to get yourself in a success state of mind?
    What is a date you would want to go on? When, where, and can you talk to someone during it?
    What can you do to make the request personal? (Texting is not personal!!!)
    What is a good way to ask it (wording, location, audience)?
    And if she still says no, what can you do to respect her decision and still feel good about yourself?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017

5. What you say makes sense.

Are you suggesting that I should talk to her in college? I don't mind going for it, but won't that make her uncomfortable, after everything that went down?

And I understand that actual talking > texting, but I barely see her in college. (She's in another class, another branch, another everything, lol).

6. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

lol, the teacher in me is trying to provoke your thinking - what do you make of this situation? You are the one who knows it best and will actually have to act in it - what do you think? What is the best way to connect with this girl? If talking>texting but you rarely see her, how can you use texting to provide an opportunity for you to talk? And how can you set yourself up for success in this whole process?

7. What do i make of this situation-
    TBH, I don't know what to do. Sometimes I feel like it's pointless to try anything, and sometimes I feel like I should try something. I do feel more inclined towards still trying, but idk.

Best way to connect with this girl-
    For me, its clearly not over text. I guess I'll have to find ways to "accidentally" run into her or something :p

Can I use texting as an opportunity to talk-
    I highly doubt it.

How I can set myself up for success-
    Maybe if i can show her somehow that I'm actually a very cool person or something, like by being confident, and holding conversations with full eye contact and stuff. Maybe its better if I don't see her that often. That way she'll also get time to "recover" from my horrible texting xD. Right now she probably thinks, "This guy is clueless" or "This guy is just weird" or something like that.

Here's what I decided to do anyways:
    1. Be better dressed.
    2. Be Happy and confident in general
    3. Study hard and get good marks and stuff
    4. Just keep improving in all aspects of life.

I don't think I should try to go and talk much with her, I'll just wave and stuff for a couple of days now. I'll think about what to do after that.

Good idea? or not?

8. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

What would you think about texting her and asking her to coffee on campus, where you can talk to her? Or maybe study together - your brain actually is more efficient when you study with friends, because friends make you happy and happy brains are productive.

9. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Also, the inclination towards still trying can be good. It means you haven't given up on yourself :)

10. This would have been a good idea if I had used it earlier lol. Now I doubt she'll want to meet like that. I think I'll stick with just waving hello for a while, and not texting at all. Let's see what happens!

11. So I wont talk much with her now, let everything settle down or whatever, and if i feel like there's an opportunity or something later, I'll swoop in XD

Thanks for all the advice btw. It really helps a lot :)

12. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Try to ask questions that require thoughtful answers. Don't just ask, "what's your favorite movie?" Ask her why it's her favorite. Women with depth will give you a thoughtful answer, assuming they're interested.

If she's only giving you one-word answers, and if you talk for 10 minutes and she hasn't asked you a single question about yourself, move along. She's not into you.