1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do i master lust

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Deleted Account, May 9, 2020.

1. I dont put them in pedestal i just think about what would i do to them in bed. I couldnt care less about woman.

2. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

The fact that u think of doing them MEANS U THINK A LOT. I Know such thought stories last no less than 30 minutes. And P provides the ideal background to the brain to generate such stories.

Man try finding something in life which intrigues you more than lust.
    The big mistake most people make in life is not finding what they truly are passionate about.
    That’s why the so called “successful people” are “successful”. For them, it ain’t about success but about passion for the thing and happiness.

Angus McGyver likes this.
  3. False promise

False promise Fapstronaut

You just said that when you see a woman on the street you say to yourself “oh my god” as if you’re overwhelmed by how hot they are. That’s putting them on a pedestal. You lusting over them means you want something from them. Therefore they’re on the pedestal. When you don’t need anything from women then they’re no longer on the pedestal. When you can look at them with indifference, or simply admire the truly beautiful ones (who aren’t caked in makeup) without desire, then you’ll understand.

How serious are you about semen retention? If you’re truly serious then you’ll find that lusting over women is counterproductive. You have your own goals to worry about (major one being semen retention) therefore you aren’t remotely concerned with some hot broad walking by that you probably won’t even have the balls to talk to.

thinking_differently likes this.
  4. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

True statement!
    PMO, sex and just lustful thinking alone is a huge energy drainer in life that we don't need if we want to be our best and most productive versions as men. The future warriors and great, strong and just leaders amongst men in all the different peoples, races, ethnicities worldwide are those few who master PMO, sex and lust-addiction. Because if you don't, your drive, motivation and vibrational frequency will be far below what's required to acquire that specific magnetic vibe and energy.

It is also that <1% of men who (if they don't become visionary political and spiritual leaders) who become the passionate and successful pioneers and entrepeneurs within their respective fields. Most of whom will add much resources and value to their communities and change them for the better. As soon as that man PMO or bust his nuts, most of his efforts and sacrifices will slip out of his hands immediately.
    That's why it is so important to stay on the semen-retention bandwagon.

Just for your unnecessary info, I have recently noted that I look the youngest, freshest, healthiest, most virile and strongest I have ever been, despite being 32 years old. Prolonged semen-retention does clearly have a very big impact on your aging which slows down a whole lot in the process.
    Especially if you combine it with physical and intellectual exercise and a healthy diet.

asdfg2 and thinking_differently like this.
  5. thinking_differently

Yeah! They have a certain Charisma to themselves. Steve Jobs is a popular example.
    I have had the pleasure of knowing 2 people in life, who, when I’m around them, I feel happy and phenomenal. One is my mathematics teacher and one is my dad: who has challenged me to go a year without M.

Angus McGyver likes this.
  6. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Yeah, it's just too sad that such a productive, brilliant and intelligent man adopted that insane unbalanced fruitarian diet which deprived him of many needed nutrients and vitamins. It was (most likely) what caused him his pancreatic cancer later on.

7. brod2018

brod2018 Fapstronaut

Lol, It's just like someone who lost his arm said I'm not afraid to loose my arm.
    I mean what's the point of it ? As any (normal) male I want to have pleasure with women and I do want to be able to appreciate the beauty of a woman body. Why would someone have the goal to psychologically castrates himself ? To make nofap easier ? The goal is to learn to control oneself not to stop feeling anything. And plus Nofap is merely a tool to make a better life and not a life goal.

8. False promise

There’s a time and a place. No need to look at a picture of a naked women and get aroused, as there is zero chance of a real sexual opportunity. The same goes for seeing a naked woman in real life. Are you going to walk around a nude beach with a raging boner? It might be hard to resist but if you’re not actually about to have sex with any of those women you’ll just look like an idiot. You have the boner because you’re fantasizing about sex, not actually about to have it in reality. If you have control then you’re able to recognize when the right time is to be aroused by something. That’s what control is about. It’s not about “psychologically castrating yourself” as you put it.

9. brod2018

brod2018 Fapstronaut

I seems that you didn't understand me. I didn't talk about mastery. There is a huge difference between mastering yourself and
    which is castration.

I get your point but arousing does not just occurs when there is a real sexual opportunity. And one would asks himself : what is a real sexual opportunity ? When/how can one know about a real sexual opportunity ? What might be for you a real sexual opportunity might not for another based on his goals, sexual orientations and preferences.

As for your example on the nude beach, what's the point of going to a nude beach if you are not a nudist or not looking for sex lol ? Of course I'm going to walk with a raging boner even if I'm not about to have sex. It's not just the fantasy, it's the body itself that creates arousal. One the other hand yes you can learn to master your lust and repress it but I think you won't ever be able to stop "feeling anything" or staying indifferent like meh that's just some naked [insert triggering adj here] woman, nothing to be worrying about.

If so why people who master themselves always gaze down when they see a triggering material ? Are you gonna tell me that you can stay looking for something arousing and not feel anything ?

One must learn to accept his sexuality while at the same time tame it and repress it when it is necessary but never suppress it. That is in my humble opinion the mastery you are talking about.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  10. False promise

Lol bro.. people like to sun tan nude. Nude beaches aren’t about sex. The arousal comes from your conditioning. If we were raised in a society of nudists, it’s unlikely we would be aroused at simply the site of a naked woman. You associate nakedness with sex because of the society we live in. Would you get a boner if you saw your mother naked? It’s all in your head. This is how you master lust. You realize that whatever your perception is can dictate whether or not you feel lust or arousal.

A sexual opportunity is clear. You are typically in a private space with someone and become intimate. If you’re aroused or lusting at the sight of a woman passing by, you’re behaving irrationally. We have both a limbic brain and a prefrontal cortex. One can over ride the other at any moment. To override your limbic system is in no way castration. It’s entirely possible to remain indifferent. Our prefrontal cortex allows us to orient ourselves based on long term goals. If someone has the goal to remain celibate for whatever reason, he can train himself to become indifferent towards attractive women. I’ve been capable of looking at highly stimulating material before and feel indifference, other times I’ve not been able. All depends on your state of mind. Not everyone who’s had success with celibacy has to look away from everything, it just makes it a lot easier to control yourself when you’re not prompted.

You are right that our default setting is typically to feel lust and arousal easily. It’s our animalistic side. But Taming that beast isn’t castration. I think we’re mostly on the same page but I disagree that “suppressing” your sexuality is a bad thing. I wouldn’t use that word to describe it. It all depends on your goals.

11. brod2018

brod2018 Fapstronaut

Thank you for you insight. While I don't agree with everything you said I think we discussed the subject enough. There is one last question I would like to ask you. You said that someone can become indifferent towards attractive women. What is the point of it in your opinion ?

12. thinking_differently

Exactly Man! This is what I want to say, but couldn’t put it into words..
    There’s 0 opportunity of having sex

False promise likes this.
  13. Since when wanting something from someone is considered putting them on the pedestal.

14. Agony, agony, agony, agony, agony *mild success* agony, agony, *mild success* followed by more agony. lol

15. ForwardEver

ForwardEver Fapstronaut

16. TimeToQuitNow

TimeToQuitNow Fapstronaut

Why would you want to? Lust is a bad thing

17. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

This is an excellent question, and one which I have by no means managed to address for more than 1-3 months (yet!), but a tip I received from a very wiseman was as follows: bad diet (sugar, too many carbs, saturated fats, etc...), too much sleep, too much comfort all contribute to lust, so if we watch the diet, sleep and comforts the lust will diminish - easier said than done, but it does work. Also on the sleep a famous 90 year old doctor was on the radio here a few weeks back and said that one of the problems we have today is that we hit the sack way too late. He said the old saying was 1 hour before midnight is worth 2 after midnight, and if we got 1-2 hours sleep before midnight most of our ailments would be healed. Again I have not put this into practise much (bad self discipline), but whenever I do it works a treat ...

Anyway these are just my two cents to take or leave, so I'll stop preaching now and get back to practising...

Strength to all on this thread

18. I just had a dream with this 20/10 chick in my dream can’t remember it very well but we started fucking and after 3 seconds I said: wait i shouldn’t be doing this and i woke up. I know if would continue for just 5 more seconds i would bust 100%

Deleted Account likes this.
  19. So this is proof that i dont care about women even in the subconciois level so im not puting women in pedestial but you guys have learnes this quote and now cant stop spamming without really knowing anything about how to answer my question. P.S. This is the second time that is happening to me.

20. I haven't completely gotten over this yet, but I have an insight to offer.
    I think it happens naturally as you continue to grow spiritually while on this journey and stray away from the grip of the bodily sensations, the body will not have such impact on you
    You'll learn to see through all the makeup and colourful clothes and all, and see the girl in her original form, she's beautiful nevertheless, but it won't be as overwhelmingly attractive to you, you will be able to handle it easily, girls nowadays never show you their ugly side, but just remember they have an ugly stinky side, be it physical or mental, remember that to keep the balance in your outlook, they are not perfect, they are not better than us
    Something I do is reminding myself that every part of a girl's look is there to serve a purpose, not for us to get fascinated by it, so beauty is just in the harmony of the components of her body and face, like try to imagine a girl without a nose, no matter how beautiful her eyes are you just won't feel attracted to her
    Beauty is merely a sign of health, scientifically you're attracted to health not the artificial beauty of a girl's face, don't get overwhelmed by that, it doesn't offer anything valuable to you, and her pretty eyes will soon be normal and boring to you
    Transmute the energy man, turn it into spiritual energy, see the girls in their original form they're hiding underneath the makeup and artificial beauty products, don't let them fool you, that's what they want, they want guys looking at them thinking they're goddesses, don't fall to that, always remember the real side of the girl, appreciate her beauty but never forget that sometimes she basically stinks, physically and mentally, don't wait for her to show you that side of her
    Summary is: keep the balance, she's showing nothing but beauty, but never forget the other side of the coin, she's human just like us guys, and you know that we can be ultimately disgusting at times
    Hope this helps, good luck

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2020