1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do we address multiple issues in our lives?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by e123, Nov 4, 2018.

1. e123

e123 Fapstronaut

Hi all,

I may have posted about this somewhere else, but if I haven't, here's a thread where I would really appreciate contributions.

I am trying to build a life for myself and my family, where PMO no longer has any role. I'm trying to work through 12 steps and to be honest, I'm finding them super useful as way of understanding how my mind works and how to understand that bit that makes me an addict.

When I sit down and think about my character defects, I can list at least half a dozen that I'd like to eliminate today if I could. How do you improve yourself and get rid of these defects on top of dealing with your addiction?

How to I stop being angered so easily? How do I restrain my lusts? How do I become less irritable? How do I just be 'normal'? How can I be more disciplined?

I really want to improve on all of these things but I find trying to deal with my addiction as a lot of work already. Anybody who's in a similar predicament, please give me some insight. Thank you.

kropo82 likes this.
  2. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

At first, try to do everything one step at a time. Focus on nofap. Once you get there, to the 90 day mark, you will notice other problems don't matter anymore.

3. e123

e123 Fapstronaut

Really? In the past when I haven't fapped for months, I've still had outbursts of anger.

4. Pinetree

Pinetree Fapstronaut

Learn meditation.

Stop judging yourself.

5. You work on the biggest issue that will give you the greatest return on investment.