1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you deal with anger

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by better human, May 11, 2020.

1. better human

better human Fapstronaut

Hell9
    I ve been though a lot of problems recently causing me to get angry

Regardless solving th3 problem, coupd you advise me how to overcome anger qnd return to normal peaceful state - based on your experience not advice from the threads-

2. False promise

False promise Fapstronaut

Are you really on 500+ days no pmo?

better human and FellatiousD like this.
  3. ADMG

ADMG Fapstronaut

If you are Christian, then these verses from Ephesians may help (it certainly helped me a lot):

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, with all malice, and be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you." (Eph 4:21-22).

It seems really simple, and it is. But there was a tremendous moment of grace a few months ago where these two verses really hit me, and it really helped with a lot of persistent anger. The more I sat with it, the better it was for me. So much of my anger was (and is) self-inflicted. It often stems from a desire for control that isn't healthy, and is fed by all sorts of unhealthy thoughts summarized in those words above (clamor, slander, malice...). Conversely, focusing on kindness, tenderheartedness, and forgiveness really puts on a whole new perspective that prevents anger from taking hold like it would otherwise.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Think about how short life is. That really makes me regret being mad at people. Once you die, that's it - no point wasting time being hotheaded when you have a choice to be calm.

better human and Deleted Account like this.
  5. better human

better human Fapstronaut

I browse the site in mobioe version
    So the counter isn't visible for me

I ve not changed it fro since i mase the account here

6. @better human working out and combat sports. You need actives to channel your angry towards. Journaling and meditation can help, they have helped me see the sort of things not to get angry at. Working out and combat sports is a way to channel it.

better human likes this.
  7. ThePeakWae

ThePeakWae Fapstronaut

I cope any anger issues with apathy, may not be the finest solution but it works!