1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you deal with Burn-Out during the semester at Uni?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hi guys

I've been feeling kind of tired for some days. Always right after a lecture I have to go to sleep, I actually do nap for a time so I'm definitely being sleepy here.

I also lost some of my motivation when it comes down to some subjects, especially as its gotten harder and harder which is normal because it's always easiest at the beginning of a semester.

Now I find myself in a situation in which I absolutely feel the need to chill and rest, which I do. But there's also another side of the story

The reason I need the feel to "chill" is because I believe and know that my obsessive and intrusive thoughts about some topics (like having to go through the same problems or situation i experienced in the past which were hurtful) would get worse if I would force myself to do which is something outside my comfort zone, in this case studying

That's why I try to be as chillaxed as it's possible. My room is dark and only a small lamp at my desk is lighting, I had to install windows 10 recently so I keep it "as clean as possible", I even use Bing because it calms me down (idk why, I guess it gives me the patience to actually search for the right thing instead of using Google and unconsciously clicking everything), I also started to use a fountain pen with dark ink

It's an environment which allows me to do at least some work but if I look at my mates which are the best of our class and maybe even our year, they really study the whole f*cking time (they even sometimes sit on an exercise until 4 am)

Of course I'm jealous of them, but this just let's me to think how I could become at least somehow like them, and also be a workaholic like them. I'd be more satisfied with myself, because I could at least say that I've given it all, regardless of the result in the end

So what are your tips to transform into a workaholic?

2. Archangel01

Archangel01 Fapstronaut

I have never been to university, but I guess you have to learn for some subjects you are not particularly interested in, in order to get your desired final diploma in what you're actually interested in.
    If that's the case I wouldn't bother to get extraordinary good grades in subjects you know won't really contribute to your final goal, just doing enough to safely pass the exams.
    The end goal is having the job you desire and not having a good grade on some exam.
    If you finally are in a profession you love, the workoholic will come automatically.
    And don't measure yourself with some crazy robot mainiacs that just learn because someone told them to do so. It's much more important to think for yourself and making smart decisions for your life itself.

3. _usernameusername_

_usernameusername_ Fapstronaut

Compare yourself to you, yesterday. - Jordan Peterson (not the exact quote)

dont worry about what other people are doing. If today you only studied for 30 minutes, then tomorrow try to study for 35 minutes. And the next day for 40 minutes etc. Minor improvements like that will motivate you to *keep* improving