How do you deal with overstimulation?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Derb90, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Derb90

Derb90 Fapstronaut

recently i have had a lot on my plate but far too many stresses and distractions and my mind is becoming overstimulated. any suggestions how to.de-escalate an over stimulated mind , just seems to be continuous everyday for the past week or two which is worrying

stepitup likes this.
  2. HereToFight

HereToFight Fapstronaut

In your situation, I'd pray about it first. Then, probably, I'd take a day off, and go to a calm place, to think, pray and check the options I had to organize things up.

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  3. s_rv29

s_rv29 Fapstronaut

Nothin works better for me than going on some long trip or bike ride without phone in nature or something

4. TakingTheSteps

TakingTheSteps Fapstronaut

This might be an annoying answer, but the only real way to fix what you're talking about is to remove some of things from your plate.

There are plenty of other methods people can suggest for you to try, but honestly, I feel like they are all just bandaids. At the end of the day, if you have too much on your plate, you need to find a way to take some of it off.

I realize that isn't always possible in every situation, but I think it's pretty rare for someone to be in the kind of situation that would not allow them to remove anything at all from their plate. Most average people are doing far too much and could stand to remove a few things. You might not think it's possible for you, but I would urge you to really look at everything on your plate realistically and seriously consider what you can cut out.

I am very much the kind of person who takes on too much and then gets stressed out about it over time, and I know how hard it is to accept that and let go of some things. But sometimes it's necessary. Take care of yourself.

Leosash229 likes this.
  5. ApocalypseSec

ApocalypseSec New Fapstronaut

The best way for me is physical activity, whatever that is. However make sure that while you are at it you focus completely on it. Meditation can also help a lot, I recommend "Medito" for Android and iOS.