1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you guys sleep?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by skydragonroar, Jun 4, 2017.

1. skydragonroar

skydragonroar Fapstronaut

I currently work third shift and Nofap has helped my sleep a little bit. I don't eat sugar and workout regularly. The only problem is that I will sleep really hard for about 4 hours and then wake up. Trying to get off nights in the next few months. Any suggestions in the mean time?

2. MaxwellDel-p

MaxwellDel-p Fapstronaut

Maybe sleeping pills? But a way I sleep during the day is to have my room pitch dark so none of the sun comes in. Also, I usually drink a glass a milk before bed to help me sleep too.

3. skydragonroar

Thanks. I will give that a shot.

4. InfinitePossibilities

InfinitePossibilities Fapstronaut

Have a look at Melatonin and / or GABA. You can buy it online. Melatonin helps to reintroduce a natural night / day cycle an may take some days or weeks to kick in. GABA helps immediately to be able to sleep.

5. skydragonroar

I will take a look at GABA.

6. Hmm.

It is true that Gabapentin may help sleeping problems in people with restless leg syndrome and partial seizures. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabapentin

Gabapentin is used primarily to treat seizures and neuropathic pain. It is also commonly prescribed for many off-label uses, such as... insomnia... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabapentin#Medical_uses

Gabapentin may also produce sexual dysfunction in some patients, symptoms of which may include loss of libido, inability to reach orgasm, and erectile dysfunction. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabapentin#Adverse_effects

7. I do not think it is responsible to suggest that someone purchase a drug like GABA on line. :eek: It should be prescribed!

8. InfinitePossibilities

InfinitePossibilities Fapstronaut

Sorry, i did not consider that. In my country GABA is not prescribed by a doctor, so the only way i know to get it is online. If in your country GABA is prescribed by a doctor, it is important to geht it that way.

9. OK mate.

10. Spiff

Spiff Fapstronaut

You drink alcohol? I know this isn't true of everyone, but alcohol really messes up by sleep, even just two or three drinks. I wasn't a high volume drinker, but I was steady, 2-4 drinks a day for a decade or so. I could fall asleep no problem, but if I woke up at 3 or 4 I couldn't go back to sleep. I quit for a while, and was surprised (after a couple months) to find that I could sleep all night, and that I woke up incredibly well rested. I've since started drinking again, but now only 5-7 drinks a week, and I sleep fine. I still notice my sleep is more restful when I don't drink at all. I used to get mad when someone/thing woke me up, but now I can just easily fall back asleep.

11. Try Melatonin before bed and vitamin D when you wake...Ive found supplement when working odd hours with these helps me. Especially if I have limited sun exposure. With any supplements or drugs I try not to be constant for extended period of time to help from creating any biological dependency. Ive found nofap helps (though not initially) also timing of workout too close to sleep can cause issues. Or try cold shower before bed to lower body temp.
    Give a few of the suggestions a try everyone is different, heck for me sometimes nothing works and I find a new method

12. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

I drink a cup of this tea called Sleepytime Extra when i have trouble trying to sleep. I like it and it works for me. Marley's Mellow Mood and Neurosleep works pretty good too. I heard about something called Dream Water that might work too. I heard melatonin works as well, so it's up to you to try it. There are some other supplements i heard that work good as well, but i can't remember them. If i were to name a product to not bother using, it would be ZZZ-Quil. It's basically overpriced Benadryl.