1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you handle ghosting?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by THEdally_llama, Jun 10, 2018.

1. THEdally_llama

THEdally_llama Fapstronaut

I THINK I've figured out the real reason this happened, and I didn’t have to ask her. It makes sense to me since I find it to be a recurring pattern with plenty of people I've had in the past.

http://www.girlschase.com/content/we-are-not-having-sex-tonight-what-happens-when-you-don-t

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  2. I am a girl but don't understand the content of the link in the sense i wouldn't ghost a guy i like because i am not sure if i can trust having s with him. i would take it slow but being still in touch. it is much simpler. p.s. i re-read what happened that she asked you what you were looking for. from her behaviour she went cold coz she was afraid she would have been for you a one-night stand and she does not want that from what she said

to make sure something it is clear, if a girl/woman rejects to have s., you don't insist in that moment otherwise it is rape, you move forward if you are sure she wants to have s. in that moment with you too, this is extremely important that you make her feel safe

I would say when i rejected to have s. in that moment but fell asleep with the guy or staying in his place but feeling awkward and not at my ease because the intimacy happened too fast but stayed i was attracted to the guy but was afraid that if i had s. with him, he would have disapperared after s.

this is the only reason why she didn't have s. with you but you two made out, almost had s. so she was attracted to you for sure. now, you wrote "We hung out twice and talked over the phone about 3-4 times. This is in a span of 4-5 weeks." so you haven't seen each other a lot so far. how many texts did you send her when she ghosted you? did she read those texts? can you objectively say you acted a bit needy? also consider she studies medicine so obviously she is very busy with her studying too

be an Alpha male, it is not about if you got huge muscles or not, what is the most attractive in a guy is confidence and his attitude. that is what all girls want and the Best You :)

breathe for a second, take some time, don't be in a rush, don't act out of neediness coz it is a huge turn off for both girls and guys and if you keep text her now she won't like it probably, and text her in 2 weeks even 3 weeks, she is not going anywhere, is she? this is the mindset you must have, of abundance, of positivity

listen especially from the minute 2:40 and he talks about nofap too, "act as the prize because you are the prize!"

don't chase her too much, it is good you show interest with actions but don't make it obvious, let her be intrigued by you still. no one wants someone is too easy to get. maybe call her though. texting sometimes is not good if you wanna explain yourself

i have been ghosted too last weekend by a guy i was seeing and i just messed it up by being insanely needy. i texted one text more after he didn't reply to the previous text but no reply. he just read them and then after i took it bad i realized my behaviour was not attractive and went worse and worse. so now i decided i will probably text him in 1/2 months' time after i get into uni and pass 2 exams and i work more on myself

From my personal experience, exes texted me or I texted them after the breakup and no matter how ugly the breakup was, they always replied nicely and we talked for a while and met when i wanted to meet. Time let people forget why they got tired of you or why they stopped replying to you. an ex left me on read after he broke up with me over text (even though i started texting if was maybe better to stop being together but it still wasn't nice) but after 3 months i texted him and we met. let some time pass

3. THEdally_llama

The difference between what you're saying "...because I am not sure if I can trust having s with him," and the link which says, "When a woman is disappointed with her first sexual - or nearly sexual - experience with you, what happens is this: she usually doesn't give you a shot at Round 2" are two different things.

Over the past year of my escapades, I've noticed a recurring pattern that has been happening. In fact, the last 3-4 girls I tried sleeping with pulled almost the same lines.... "I'm not ready yet..." "Let's not have sex tonight..." "I don't sleep with people I don't know well enough...." And every time I refrained from trying to slowly escalate things and diffuse the resistance. Now, I KNOW there's a difference between forcing yourself on someone and slowly trying to break the resistance barrier by making things more comfortable. Believe me, I don't want to force anything. From my experiences however, the ones that I was persistent with and kept trying to escalate to the point of sex (in a gentle way) always turned out to be better relationships than the ones that I didn't. In fact, the last 3-4 ladies that I didn't try to escalate to sex with ended moving on from me. Why? My theory is that they were disappointed that they didn't have sex, just like the article says. It makes sense to me that they put up this resistance to test me, to see how far I'm willing to go FOR THEM. To see how far I'm willing to go with them. If a girl didn't want me to have sex with her and we started making out she would just get up and leave, or tell me to leave. They wanted it, but I trusted their words and sure enough, it got me nowhere except being sexually frustrated.

4. ok got it so she tested you and you failed the test. I do believe that she may give you a 2nd shot if you behave as a Alpha male, especially when and how to kiss and then to escalate things in a confident way

it is re-building attraction she had for you. how was the conversation when and after she ghosted you? but i'd say def wait 2/3 weeks to re-get touch with her. let her forget your beta behaviour

5. THEdally_llama

Believe me, I did a damn good job escalating things, and she kept giving me subtle signs but I failed to see them, and I just didn't push it like I should've because I was worried about getting her pissed off. How was the conversation after she ghosted me? We haven't talked since she ghosted me.

6. primaljade

primaljade Fapstronaut

I (usually) wait until the 2nd date before escalating, to avoid stuff like this.

7. THEdally_llama

This wasn't our first time hanging out.

8. why you really wanna see her again? you didn't even had s. and made out with her twice. i was asking what is the last text you sent her with no reply? btw i told you something that worked with me always with any ex was to not contact them for 2/3 months and then text "hi, how are you?" and they would talk again, sometimes they contacted me. if you really want to talk to her again, that's the only thing that can work

but in the meantime, don't sit and do nothing, keep her out of your mind, then in these 2/3 months you will see if it is worth it or you found a girl that is better for you or even single but happy but your obsession won't be like it is now. you have to be detached from this situation

9. THEdally_llama

The reason I'd want to see her again is because I liked some of her qualities she had, and I felt she was one of the more attractive girls I've been around as of late. Not to mention I have been kind of wanting a girlfriend as of late. Missing out on the opportunity of sex also pissed me off lol, so I want another go at it.

As for the last text I sent her, it was something along the lines (not verbatim) of "How's school going this week?"

She's not really on my mind anymore honestly, I'm (for the most part) over her. I thought about it the other day and realized that even if I wanted to do something with her and we started talking again, I'm extremely busy, and it would be very hard to find time for that.

In 2-3 months, maybe my mind will completely change.

10. exactly :) see how you will feel about in 2/3 months and if you wanna re-get touch with her, do it
    I get your reasons. I am like you, i have been feeling lately what you have been feeling
    a guy friend told me lately that he is too busy to date. i laughed. no person is too busy to date, especially guys lol

11. STAR DUST

STAR DUST Fapstronaut

12. THEdally_llama

Short and sweet huh lol?

STAR DUST likes this.
  13. elcole

elcole New Fapstronaut

Just call her and go out with her again, an try to act naturally with her, dont try to push things in order to make them happen, just let the time to talk, with no regrets, and if it doesnt work, no problem, move on, there will be another one around the corner.

14. THEdally_llama

Me not "pushing things" is exactly whats been keeping me from advancing any type of relationship.

15. STAR DUST

STAR DUST Fapstronaut

Of course the hell with oneotis yhere is a man shortage and women are desperate for men take advantage

16. elcole

elcole New Fapstronaut

You have to find the balance, not too much but not to little either, once you begin to know her better you will find things easily, yo just have to make those few first steps. But dont get upset if things dont goes the right way, go on and try to make it better the next time.

17. THEdally_llama

Believe me, I'm trying. My quest to dominate the game is taking a lot more time than I would've liked.

And you really think they're desperate? I don't get that vibe all the time.

STAR DUST likes this.
  18. STAR DUST

STAR DUST Fapstronaut

Yes desperate. When we aren’t around they talk about us. Single women are dying and just waiting for a normal guy like yourself to come a just sweep them off of their feet. I hear the conversations of my wife and her single friends all the time. Just be yourself