How do you manage your time?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by jcl1990, Aug 5, 2021.

1. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

How do you guys/girls manage your time if you have a full time job?

I kind of feel like sleeping 7-8 hours a night, working 40 hours a week, exercising 2-3 times a week, and eating healthy food takes up so much time already, makes me wonder how people do it.

what are some things you do to give yourself enough time/energy for any type of social life?

Gina3111 and Buddhism Is True like this.
  2. Dioplleo_547

Dioplleo_547 Fapstronaut

I manage my time by making a schedule and planning out my tasks, goals, and activities for the day. This has helped me focus more on what I need to get done before I focus on the time I enjoy spending on myself.

Gina3111 and jcl1990 like this.
  3. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

For sure, yea I just need to have some extra discipline about getting tasks done that I know need to get done. Need to create more free time

4. Buddhism Is True

Buddhism Is True Fapstronaut

I live close to work, do my exercise in my apartment, and schedule my free time for things like volleyball and metal working. No wife. No kids. Not as many friends or as active a social life as I would like. Honestly I have the opposite problem. How can I better fill the time I have?

jcl1990 likes this.
  5. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

dang, idk anything really. Do you ever go to any religious organization meetings? I go to a Christian church sometimes.

You could go out to eat somewhere. Go walk around town somewhere. You could try making a dating site if you’d like

or if you want to join some sort of group fitness class like a boxing club or a yoga class

or you could experiment making quality meals at your apartment, like really good meals

or you could go to a jacuzzi, or go get a massage

haha idk, those are just a few I can think of

6. Buddhism Is True

I do these sorts of things. The frustration stems from not currently having any female companionship. I’m over due. I’m actually rather happy about the rest of my life.

jcl1990 likes this.
  7. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

for sure, well I’m in a similar situation as you then. My only frustration is basically the same

Buddhism Is True likes this.
  8. Buddhism Is True

I go out with a friend on Friday nights to a couple of different bars in an effort to meet women. Mixed results thus far but I've gotten a lot more comfortable being one of those guys. I am back on hinge god save me. I keep my eyes open when I am at the grocery store. I joined a volleyball league for similar reasons. What else have you got?

jcl1990 likes this.
  9. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

haha yea I just made some dating apps a couple days ago - Bumble, Hinge, Tinder, and Plenty of Fish

so far same results - a few matches, but not going anywhere yet lol. I usually end up deleting them after a week. How long do you usually keep a dating site?

I don’t have any additional ideas to be honest. I’m in a way considering being a “hermit” - just to go to work, the gym, read some books, eat healthy haha.

I have positive views about women, just haven’t had any success attracting a woman who I am actually attracted to as well

Buddhism Is True likes this.
  10. Buddhism Is True

I don't last long on the apps. I have decided not to buy premium. I get the ten likes or so a day and then I am done. I don't intend to engage with the app for more than a few minutes each day. Anything more is an exercise in unconscious desperation. The mixed success I have had at the bar is the most promising but that is only one night a week. I have gamified it into "3 numbers or midnight" but I won't go without a friend and right now I only have one who is interested. If you ever find yourself in ATX let me know.

jcl1990 likes this.
  11. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

Okay, cool. Sounds good

12. 40 hours a week is nothing. I work 70-80 hours a week, excercise 6/7, meditate twice a day and still can read daily and go out once a week.

1. Learn to sleep less. I sleep 5-6 hours a day.
    2. Get a home gym.
    3. Stop wasting time on idle activities (phone, netflix, ...)
    4. Multitask: read during excercise rest periods. Read while cooking. Listen to podcasts or audiobooks while driving; this frees up a lot of time you would like to spend reading.
    5. Making an ironclad daily routine that allows you to perfectly fit in all activities:

Eating window :4-12 this avoids wasting time on cooking or eating later in the day and avoids feeling heavy after for example evening meal

- 4-7 excercise, shower, meditation eating
    - 7-20 work (10h physical, 3h mental)
    - 20-22 shower, meditation
    - 22-4 sleep

In your case this would give you +/- 3h/day for social life during week. Additionally you dont work on saterdays or sundays. So basically... You would have 5x3 + 10 + 10 = 35 hours a week. Thats roughly the same amount you spend working.

Good luck

jcl1990 likes this.
  13. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

thanks, this is the best reply I could’ve imagined. Thanks!!

14. Should I study or exercise first after morning ritual (meditation, cold shower, light meal)?

I'm 18, should I practice this? If not, I will try to aim at least 7 hours of sleep.

A schedule that I expect: (I'm trying to change my current schedule, besides I'm trying to limit my time on this website)

3D73A047-59F7-43FB-8892-511D5820F327.jpeg

App: BlockyTime Pro

15. Btw, I'm lacking of skill setting up a schedule lol. I barely follow my schedule I've plan before, it's somehow frustrating...

16. AJ777

AJ777 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I work multiple part time jobs, but my hours of work equal out to about that of one full-time job (slightly less, slightly more, depending)
    Managing time is tough. I have some free time, but it almost always feels like I'm busy and don't ever do the things I want; or at least as much as I want.

On mornings I don't work, (I work 1st and 2nd shift jobs) I devote time to reading and writing. Sometimes one over the other, but always at least one of those. So for anywhere from 2-3 hours in the mornings I'm reading and/or writing. I also like to go for walks/jogs (I usually spend 30mins-1hr doing this) but lately because of an injury I haven't been able to. And then of course I waste time on social media or texting or looking at my phone. I upload and watch YT videos. I spend probably an hour or two on my phone every day. Trying to cut that down to less than an hour. I don't watch TV or anything, so that's a plus.
    Then I'm working for 6 hours almost every evening. And on my first shift job I'm working anywhere from 4-6 hours some mornings.
    I average probably 7 hours of sleep a night.

I also go to Bible Studies on a certain day of the week. (Can't go to church because I work Sunday's)

So I definitely could be a bit wiser with my time and more productive than I am, even though I often complain about not having a lot of free time. It's just a matter of discipline... something I am still learning.

17. Excercise before meditation. Shower in between. It gets you going for the day.

How i do it from 4-7;
    - Eat 500g cottage cheese, whey shake and big glass of juice
    - Excercise 1h
    - Shake + glass of juice
    - Cold Shower
    - Meditate 1h
    - Cook big meal (steak/ fish + carbs)
    - +Reading the whole time during restperiods eating or cooking

So i take care of spirit mind and body BEFORE doing any other activity (study or otherwise).

I use a light lamp to get up (room is brightly lit at 4.00). When i was your age i used to sleep 4-5 hours and go out two days in a row during weekends without sleep... Sleep is seriously overrated. Just get up if thats what you need to get shit done. Use an alarm in another room + light lamp. Feel groggy, a bit tired or got a headache? Thats no problem. Your routine will take care of that. You will be filled with adrenaline, energy from food and your mind will be balanced and focussed.

Besides, you are adapting your sleep pattern, needs at least couple of months to get adapted and feel wide awake at 4.00. in the meanwhile your routine will make you feel good.

As per your schedule. Seems mostly studying. Studying sucks balls. How i did it was to put myself in a public place (library) where i could do nothing else but study. I used music 24/7 to get me in the flow. At home i removed my PC from my room and put it in the living room. I only used my own room for reading, meditation and sleep. See if that works for you.

18. Your schedule is boring. Study at 5.00 are you nuts? How can you be motivated for that? And you chose a language, the most boring subject there is. Why dont you start with investing or coding or guitar, that will get the ball rolling. Study AFTER excercise and meditation. Incorporate some fun in your day. Go play some tennis or soccer or go for some sprints at midday to activate yourself. Go prank some people or hit on some girls in the streets for 1 hour. Sitting all day makes you lazy, fat and tired. Dont do your reading only in the evening. Make them your study breaks. Use the Pomodoro technique for studying.