1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How does God speak to people

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. DiegoNunez7749

DiegoNunez7749 Fapstronaut

Hey I have had this question for a long time and it’s how do people hear the spirit of God? I listen and watch YouTube videos about Christianity and some times the priest will say “and the lord spoke to me”. My question is How does God speak to them??” Does the lord speak to them through thoughts?? Or does he speak to them verbally? I have tried to speak to the lord verbally but I never heard Gods voice.

2. I have never heard God speak out loud, but I hear him in other ways all the time. It took a while to learn to discern his voice. As with many things in life, it takes practice!

Two resources on this topic that I recommend:
    Hearing God, by Dallas Willard
    Hearing God in Conversation, by Sam Williamson

May you be blessed as you learn to hear his voice for yourself. Once you learn to listen for the Spirit's voice, you will find that he is speaking to us all the time. Jesus did not lie when he said to all his disciples:

"And surely I am with you always..." :)

3. He can speak to your spirit from His word, through other people and from circumstances.

firefox, DiegoNunez7749 and Tao Jones like this.