1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How have you guys started to fill your lives up now ?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Kman20, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

With addiction all of us had pretty empty lives so now that we’ve kicked it or are in the process of rebooting what have you started to do to fill the time with your new found energy?? I’m still trying to find ways to fill up my life with purposful and productive things everyday so I’d like to hear your answers. Did you get a job ? Land your dream career ? Started going ot more ? Reconnected or made new friends ?? What do you do now with your days where you could actually say you didn’t waste it ???

2. SuperSloth573

SuperSloth573 Fapstronaut

Hi, I just started, but I focus on my schooling (first year freshman at college), I read Atlas Shurgged during the day if I get free time and before bed. In the morining I workout and take an icy cold shower and meditate some and play Magic with friends. Trust me bro cold showers are a wonder in multiple aspects and you're better than me at streaks, but hanging out with friends will kill urges 100%.

Kman20 likes this.
  3. Reboot positive

Reboot positive Fapstronaut

Find something that naturally occupies you mind and body healthly and naturally such as a hobby, wether it be sports, drawing or going for a walk in the park or even maybe paying attention to things in your life in which you would deem important that you should of paid attention to instead of PMOing

hope this helps
    STAY strong
    STAY free

Kman20 likes this.
  4. Rededicated myself to playing on my piano and guitar and I've started, somewhat halfheartedly, writing a novel.

Kman20 likes this.
  5. Clean house at all times. Free time doing chores. Once that's done I do my hobbies or whatever I want. With a clean house and clutter free house I have more mental clarity and less stress.

6. I started giving up junk food completely. I eat salads and other healthy foods now.

I walk while reading instead of sleeping or lying down, which gives me great exercise. I end up walking almost 4-5 kms everyday!

Thanks to these habits, I've started to lose weight.

Also one more thing I decided was, that I should focus on and fix one aspect of my life at once, and right now I've chosen to fix my career.

I don't have very good grades, so I'm going to work on improving my skills once this exam is done. I might also work on my fitness simultaneously.

I am also planning on being more social by attending events and stuff around the city where I can meet young people like me. But that's later

PS-
    I would have never even thought of doing all these things if I had not started nofap. I guess I have one more reason to be glad I started!

Kman20 likes this.
  7. avatarivn

Well, I am struggling with "finding my purpose", "following my dreams", "living my life with passion" and most such things. The only thing going for me is that I am starting to quit coffee and getting used to stop using PMO as the first choice when boredom strikes. Other than that, self-development hasn't gone so well for me :(

Kman20 likes this.
  8. lantti

lantti Fapstronaut

Don't worry about that, it's going to happen some day.

Kman20 likes this.
  9. The biggest thing I have done, is I've been waking up at 5:30am for the past month now. It really gives you some time to meditate and clean and read and get crap done.

Another huge help has been this nootropic stack:
    • A multi B Vitamin
    • L-Phenylalanine
    • L-Tyrosine
    • Omega 3 Oils
    OMG, if you are feeling at all depressed, take that stack and your brain will be firing on all cylinders.

I also have been reading the bible, and trying to keep my room clean, and of course.... Cold showers ;)

Kman20 likes this.
  10. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

11. ArizonaMaryland

ArizonaMaryland Fapstronaut

I started a personal journal with good old pen and paper.

Kman20 likes this.
  12. I've been spending a lot of my free time here on NOfap.com . I'd ideally like to find more activities that aren't computer related. With the winter weather kicking in outdoor activities are looking less attractive in the region where it gets dark at 4:30.

Kman20 likes this.