1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How I’m changing my life

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Aug 25, 2019.

1. before I start this, if you have any input or advice, let me hear it! I would love to hear your opinions and suggestions on what I’m doing right/ wrong.

Like most of us I been obsessively whacking it off for years. Before I developed (a little) more self control, I was up to 6+ orgasms a day. I still am struggling, but I’ve decided that the only way I’m going to be able to overcome this is by making a detailed log of what I need to do to become the best version of my self, then going balls to the wall and getting it done. I’m sick of mediocrity and wasted time, and it kills me every time I sit down and waste my life away, but I lack the energy to change myself. This is the post that holds me accountable. Let’s begin the list. Stars are the most important ones

⭐️ Nofap (duh)

⭐️ meditation (20 minutes daily)

⭐️ Change in mentality
    This ones really big. I’ve always been stuck up and prim and proper. I need to learn when it’s appropriate to let go and hold on. My role model of attitude, Danny Duncan (a YouTuber) perfectly embodies how we should approach things in my opinion. We give too many fucks. I need to learn to have fun again, but also when it’s appropriate to have fun.

•Drinking HELLA water

•Eating cleaner

•Cold showers in the mornings

•Try to exercise 6 days a week, (yoga, body weight, and cardio (bike, hike, etc)).

•Grounding (the act of becoming spatially aware, aka living in the moment)

•Low screen time. Trying to keep it to less than an hour a day

•Mewing (jawline exercises)

•talk to someone new daily

•practice acceptance of flaws

•Wim Hof method as needed

•Read more

You get the idea. I don’t expect myself to do all of that every day, but the main principles still stay the same. I have a mentality problem that goes hand in hand with my addiction. What do you think?

2. Hello. Those all sound like very worthy goals and working towards them can definitely keep you busy and occupied with positive things.

And you’d be building up self esteem from doing positive things.

Might I make a suggestion ? Maybe you could incorporate doing something to help others on a regular or semi regular basis. Volunteering, helping a friend or family member. Or anything you want.

I’ve been trying to do this since I started NoFap and it’s been a big help. It takes my mind off my problems, too.

3. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

great list, it'll be so fucking awesome if I even implement 50% of whats in here!

4. Hey man, nice stuff!
    Try some sort of counting system to hold you more accountable. Does not have to be a streak system, maybe a days-done/days-total counter for each habit. Also don't be too strict with the rules and maybe start with easier things (like instead of 20min, 10min meditation each day). When you have implemented that habit, increase it to 15min and so on.

Enjoy ;)