1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How I overcame insomnia and how you can too!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Dec 2, 2018.

1. ** This thread is not finished yet, I'm using a smartphone and I accidently pressed the post thread button just to let you know **

Captain Rex reporting,

Hello fapstronauts, it's time! It's time that I write another success story; but this time, it's about how I finally managed to overcome this year-long battle I had for a good night's rest one month prior.

That's right, instead of complaining about being a victim desperate for help, I managed to face my fears head on and guess what? I won. I won the battle and now, I've reclaimed my beauty sleep once and for all and I feel much better about myself now than ever before. In fact, I don't even have to take pills every night before bed. Instead, I just pop a couple herbal gummies which I won't really need pretty soon.

So how did I overcome insomnia you might ask? Well, how about you keep reading then. Don't skim over this because this is important information that I have learned from my journey and trust me, I have been there before. I had really poor sleeping habits and it was common for me back then to get around 3-4 hours of sleep so I know how painful that felt back then.

So anyways, here are some important pieces of advice that should hopefully help you overcome your insomnia and allow you to sleep peacefully once again.
    I'll start with the most important ones:

1. Paradoxical intention: if you're having sleeping problems? Then chances are, you're probably tossing and turning constantly and in your mind, you're probably like this: "I can't sleep", or "can I please sleep?" If your belief system (which = BS) is like this, you won't be able to fall asleep. So instead, say this to yourself: "I don't wanna sleep", or "why must I sleep, sleep is for the weak!"

Once you try this, chances are, your insomnia will probably start fading away or at least improve drastically because this was how I managed to overcome insomnia and sleep naturally and effortlessly.

2. Eat less before bed: have you ever felt so hungry that out of hunger, you just grab a slice of leftover pizza and next thing you know, you end up tossing and turning for hours regretting that you just had that slice. Well, I've had that experience before... it didn't feel good.

So what's the solution? Try not to have heavy meals right before bed. Try to make sure that you've had enough throughout the day and if you end up feeling hungry, eat something light like cereal or toast or hell, maybe even a banana. A banana would be great :)

3. Practice meditation before bed: I know this doesn't always work but it's a great way to calm down before you start going to sleep. Just turn on some relaxing music on Youtube that is 452 hz and meditate for 10 minutes at a minimum. It may seem like a hassle but you don't want to be tossing and turning in bed, do you?

Besides, meditation isn't just for holding back sexual urges. It works wonders when it comes to stress relief and calming down your mind so I definitely recommend it 100%. I just can't stress that enough so what are you waiting for? Do it!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2018
    Hros likes this.
  2. KennyKenny123

KennyKenny123 Banned

How did you get insomnia at first?

3. I'm not quite sure tbh but I think it had something to with the long flatline I had that lasted around 8 months. It must've been a symptom of depression which persisted likely due to my poor sleeping hygeine and my belief system at the time but like I said, I'm not 100% sure.

I also did have insomnia at the start of my journey but it only lasted several weeks since my mind at the time was so so not used to getting it's "fix" (you know what I mean) every night. I didn't really start having chronic insomnia until around either October or November but of course, like I said, I'm not too sure about how it all started since I don't keep a diary with me to keep track of things.

So, bottom line is, my chronic insomnia likely began as a symptom of depression which most likely lasted due to my poor sleeping hygeine, either that or I had a victim mentality in which I was basically like this: "why can't I sleep normally like everyone else", or "man, if only I could get my beauty sleep back." Like I said, I'm not so sure so I don't have a definitive answer so that's my best guess.

4. KennyKenny123

KennyKenny123 Banned

What do you hate most about having insomnia. What do you usually do when you can't sleep? And what was your longest time/days without sleep? I have insomnia myself, but somehow i adapted to it. I thought that there was point in complaining "Why can't get sleep like everyone else". I know that i'm not alone. And it can't be help. I just watch netflix or play games or read books if i can't sleep. I go to bed only when i'm sleepy. I'd just sit on a couch any other time.

5. KetteK

KetteK Fapstronaut

I have sleep problems and getting a solid night's rest on the regular is one of my goals. It's been 7 or 8 years. I have no trouble falling asleep. I just wake up after three or four hours and then struggle to get back to sleep. Its during this time that PMO most often takes place. Last night at least I stayed in bed and read kindle instead of going to couch with IPad. Got back to sleep ok. So last night was pretty good.

6. Sorry guys, I released this post way too early because I accidently pressed the post thread button but thank god I can edit the post. I'm going to try to work on the thread bit by bit so I'm definitely not finished yet.