1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How I Survived 50+ Days PMO-Free

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by aps1991, Aug 29, 2017.

1. aps1991

aps1991 Fapstronaut

Hi,

This is how I survived over 50 days of abstaining from PMO.
    1. Staying active. I have a full-time job, go to the gym six times a week, run household errands and go dancing once a week.
    2. Sheer willpower. There have been plenty of times when I've been tempted to relapse. I've stayed mentally strong and not succumbed to temptation.
    3. Reading success stories on the NoFap forum and taking inspiration from them.
    4. Thinking of the disappointment of having to reset the counter were I to relapse, and how difficult the first 30 days will be. It's easier to maintain an existing streak than having to start all over again.
    Anyone else have any tips?

Andrew

2. Dinausuare

Dinausuare Fapstronaut

Congratulations! Am curious if you have published your journal on the forum though!

3. Rise and Shine

Rise and Shine Fapstronaut

Well summarised bullet points. Helpful to all. Happy for you bro.

4. nofepper

nofepper Fapstronaut

cheers on your success, what are your reasons for noFap?

5. I will win

I will win Fapstronaut

6. Get a pet and take care of it. For example, a pet dog. Read self-help books as well. Meditation is another good habit to incorporate into daily life in addition to exercising. The other thing that helped me reach 175 days previously was the no arousal method. Also, you must link immense pain and suffering to the bad habit or addiction you wish to overcome. That's the way it has to be. And link pleasure to work, exercise, meditation, prayer and reading good books.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Bruce85

Bruce85 Fapstronaut

Congrats!

1. Never drink alone, especially in front of a computer!
    2. If loneliness is a problem, work on that. This must be universally perceived as being a fapper's downfall since there's a whole forum devoted to it.