1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How I went from "forever alone" to having an amazing romantic experience in Europe

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Green Monstah, May 2, 2017.

1. Green Monstah

Green Monstah Fapstronaut

I am convinced we would have made love that night. It's just that I was still recovering from a severe PIED so I didn't even bother attempting to bring her back to my place. (My erections are amazing these days, but I digress....) There was just no way it was going to happen if certain things (pun intended) weren't in order. That said, there is literally nothing I would want to do different in those 12 hours. It was a perfect day. It was romantic and it was special.

Bro going abroad long-term is one of the things I really wish I have done. Have a great time! I guarantee you can make it happen. DO NOT feel afraid of saying "hello". I don't do stupid pickup lines but "Excuse me, could you takr my pic?" worked really well for me.

I hope you can experience something similar! I swear a week before this hapoened, I had no idea I had it in me to make something like this happen. Have a great time and good luck!

2. sectumsempra

sectumsempra Fapstronaut

You should definitely watch the Before Trilogy. Before Sunrise, Before Sunset and Before Midnight. In fact the story sounds so similar to Before Sunrise's, you'll think its copied.

Green Monstah likes this.
  3. Green Monstah

I've been hearing about these movies! I'll have to check them out. Thank you!!!

4. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

I’m not in on this conversation but I have the same trouble. What I do now is to look at this type of “fantasy thinking” just as I look at lust thinking. When I have lustful thoughts I say no to them. I tell myself no and that I don’t have the right to think these thoughts. Negative imaginary thinking is a very similar addiction to pmo (I rather think of them as two sides of the same coin). I now treat these thoughts just like I treat lust fantasy,

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. This is so good. I have a lot of time off and have been thinking about travelling abroad alone for quite a while now. I think it would be a great idea and life development lesson, but I lack the confidence to do it

6. bobby_100

bobby_100 Fapstronaut

y
    your post is quite long i will read it laterhowever i got the idea then you might be of the guys who can help me leave faping and get intot the real world even been in monogamous relationship

7. Rey Rey

Rey Rey Fapstronaut

This was a really nice read so touching and uplifting I would say soul nourishing and there is a lesson as well. Really glad to have come across this

8. bobby_100

bobby_100 Fapstronaut

yeah i guess thats nice

9. Turkish Delight

Turkish Delight Fapstronaut

Thank you so much for writing this post! I am a forever alone too and I feel better just reading this. Yesterday night I dreamed about your experience exactly as you wrote it and I woke up this morning feeling energized. I did my best street workout in a long time.

Keep up the good work! Just reading your amazing story and seeing 121 days on your counter motivates me to abstain from PMO :)

10. Green Monstah

Read my lips. You will NOT always be forever alone. It took me a year to really get back into the dating game, and I'm just getting warmed up. I still have a lot of work to do. You can totally get into the game if you want to and if you work on it! I wish you the best in your journey! YOU CAN DO IT!

PS Did you dream a story before you read this? You know, there was a time I dreamed a story like this too! I just never thought it would happen to me! Literally the day before this happened, I saw so many couples and I felt like "Maybe one day..." And just like that I was thinking "Wow, if this is a dream, please don't wake up!"

Turkish Delight likes this.
  11. Turkish Delight

Turkish Delight Fapstronaut

No I only had dirty sexual dreams. This was the first time I dreamed about an actual romantic relationship and it felt good.

12. whatrichme

whatrichme Fapstronaut

Inspired by your post:

Was on my way out for lunch, a lady rushed out as the elevator doors opened on my floor,
    she quickly backed up while looking/feeling silly, I gave a quick glimpse and said "Hello" and she returned a great smile.
    (and a few more stare from my back)

She wasn't my type, but if saying hello doesn't get you anywhere, you give a great vibe for the day.

I am getting back into dating too, let's see where the "Hellos" takes me to.

Writing this on my 200th+ day. Cheers.

13. Green Monstah

Hey, I know it has been a while. I felt the urge to come back here and re-read my post and its comments. I am doing better than before (in more ways than one), but when it comes to dating, I have been a very out of practice lately. I came back here to remind myself of what could be possible if I am willing to do the work and go after what I want.

I just wanna say thank you for recommending those movies! I finally got around to watching all of them.

For me the first one is my story. We never met up again after that one day. Simoly put,, life happened. I had my job and grad school in US, while she was doing a work-study in Europe.

We did flirt with the idea of meeting up somewhere, but it was just not possible. Eventually I had a gf, and then she got a bf... we agreed that if either of us is in a relationship, it's not a good idea if we talk to each other because we do still have a flame for each other.

Anyways, the first movie is definitely my story. The ending put me at peace with the fact that this was a one-day deal and we will likely never meet again. If that wonderful day is all we have, then so be it.. Honestly the other two did as well. They are a case of "what if they did stay together?"

Anyways, thanks again. I love those movies. Made me laugh and cry all at the same time.

Hope you are doing well!

goodnice 2.0, hope4healing and Jazir like this.