1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How is your Mind's " Auto Mode " ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mr.Tony, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Yea, The mind and the thoughts and the action, what a wounderful cycle. They are all connected!

I guess most of our problems are cpming from our irrational thinking! As our rational thinking mind and attention are so limited!

The mind suggest you this, Boom you're doing it! He thinks this! You're also doing it!

It's like you have no control over yourself!

The thoughts are very very dangerous! It can lead you to glory if controled and it can lead to prison or something worst if not under control.

Personaly, I've been doing daily meditation for a few months now, And i still can't control my thoughts at a Professional level. I know it takes years to achieve but it's okay on my end.

I guess this thing really requires training, if the Auto Mode is the one controlling your daily life, it's a little bit hard unless it suggest you good suggestions and thoughts.

I think the Rational thinking is the one that is supposed to lead your daily life and not the Auto Mode!

Also it is important to know that during the early morning just after weaking up, you mind seem fresh and concentrated similarly ut happens after workout! Throughtout the day, somehow the grip of that attention is getting lower and lower, your rationality is dropping down.

This is really a very important topic, because it's probably the cause of our daily problems and if reversed it can improve our lices drastically.

2. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

The irrational mind is not the problem per se... I mean, it is, but it's also the solution.

You work out, right? I want you to think of who you were before you lifted weights. You probably had all these problems that were seemingly unrelated to lifting weights. You were depressed and anxious (lets say), but what the hell is pulling and pushing some iron going to do? But amazingly, it does help. When Navy SEALS say to wake up and make your bed, it seemingly makes no sense. If I don't have a job, what is a made bed going to do? A made bed isn't going to feed your family, or somehow "will" a degree into your life.

But in a weird way, it does. All these little actions help build up the subconscious mind. You can consciously maintenance your subconscious with good conscious actions, and developing good conscious habits. One day, you will wake up and make your bed and forget you made it, and maybe not even realizing you are making it. Once you have 100 good little automatic habits like that, you have changed your subconscious.

3. smh_fam

smh_fam Fapstronaut

Well, I think what you want is for the rational mind to be the one training your Auto-Mode. You need an Auto-Mode, you need some degree of routine and the ability to get stuff done without investing a lot of conscious energy into it.

Yeah, a lot of these seemingly useless rituals can have a profound impact on your mind. Especially if you're depressed.

When you make your bed, you're acting out the notion that sleep time is over and the time for consciousness action has arrived.