1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How long should you reboot?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by mgl9707, Oct 10, 2019.

1. mgl9707

mgl9707 Fapstronaut

Only been at this for 10 days but if you read my intro, I've had this problem for decades. I will break my PMO addiction and I'm ready for this. However, the question that is the title of this thread came up as I looked over other member's posts and seeing people with counters that exceeded a year and others that are 1.5 years is incredible. I'm assumming that this is the period that one has not relapsed on the parameters they set out, which could be P, PM (my case), or PMO. So my case allows for O since i have a partner. And its not just for the partner that I allow O through sex with her, but because I want my brain and penis to get back to what normal sex feels like - I figure that would have been about 15 - 20 years ago for me. Normal sex, for me at least, is the desire and feeling that you have for the other person that you are engaged with and that leads to simple sexual intercourse and orgasm (hopefully for both). Sometimes intercourse doesn't last long enough, which is frustrating, but sex that never ends because you can't O through simple intercourse is far more frustrating and embarrassing.

This situation is the result of PA, as in my case. In reading the material on this web site, they seem to suggest that a 90-day period of NF should get you back to normal, at least physically. Not sure if the mental side will be there. So when I see members that are at 300, 400, 500 days of NF, it seems like ridding oneself of this addiction can be more difficult than one may think. I certainly feel that I will have re-established normal sex after 3 months of NF, especially if I was abstaining from PMO. In my case, beside the DE caused by desensistization, I have other issues that are contributing to my DE. I am expecting (hoping) they will disappear after 90 days of NF as well as occassional sex with my partner. I'll provide updates on this in my jounal.

My question, after that long introduction, is do others feel that they need to abstain for years before the solve the problems they set out when they first came here, or is the 90 days enough and they just continue for other reasons - which are not clear - like they see this as a competition. Also, are there people here that are addicted to rebooting?

PS. It would interesting and useful if NoFap would publish stats on how long members last before lapsing and how often they reset, and when they feel they've succeeded.

Hold it in, Homelander and marr708 like this.
  2. Grey is colourless

Grey is colourless Fapstronaut

This is the celibacy part of the forum. Its not just "no fapping". We believe there is power in permanent or even partial (months in between or similar) celibacy from all kinds of emotional excitation.

As for reboot I've read a couple times it can take 2 years to recover hormonally to a teenage like state or at least as if you sort of had never fapped. But yh, mentally there isn't much change in 90 days. It's just that your body is calmer in90 days but mind is the same really.

Homelander likes this.
  3. Homelander

Homelander Fapstronaut

Welcome brother.
    I almost completed a 7 day p+m+O streak which is amazing since I did M at least 5 days a week.
    My first goal is to complete the 90 day challenge and use the gained strenght and knowledge to thrive to a longer streak.
    It will however be a challenge for me to diagnose my PIED whilst doing this.
    I'm formally still married but my wife and I are not sexualltly or romantically involved anymore. She is struggeling with her own demons, so I'm not expecting to have real sex with her any time soon.
    I already decided not to M anymore, so I just have to wait and see.

4. mgl9707

mgl9707 Fapstronaut

Thanks. Wasn't sure where to put this as it was a general question.

5. Roboislost

Roboislost Fapstronaut

My addiction started when I was 8 man. I totally understand what your sending out. I feel like, if I were to fully stop my habit for at least 2 years minimum, that I would fully feel recovered and up to par with everyone else mature wise. I'm 26 now and just started to take control back into my life. You got 10 days man good for you! I had a relapse after day 5. It's a struggle my friend but I feel like the more we record our information on here the more we learn about the long term effects. Now's our time to put in our work to fix our lives. It's hard work and it'll break you down in ways you didnt know possible. Stay strong

Homelander likes this.