Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by bluemax4, Oct 5, 2019.
How long do people taking cold showers, aim for. Just a couple of minutes or longer?
I take 10 minutes
10 minutes is good. It has to be sustained, not just a few moments. Completely become one with the water.
How long is a normal shower for you?
What are the benefits of cold showers? I find them really difficult but will have them if they work. Do they have physical benefits aside from avoiding PMO?
I agree with them that 10 minutes is good, but you have to realise that the goal isn't to sit in the water for 10 minutes. It's to wake up, with your body naturally wanting a warm/hot shower and shocking your body with cold water to wake it up.
It works because you're training to resist against your mind's want for comfort.
Honestly even 5 minutes is fine
2-3 minutes, just do the length of a normal shower.
Yes they do.
I started cold showers a few weeks back and here is my list of things that changed directly or indirectly through cold showers.
1. time. Simple the time I was spending taking normal showers was 30/40 min a day. Now it’s down to 10 min max.
2. mind over matter. You don’t want to take these cold showers but you still do because your the boss in your body and not some part of your brain craving for comfort.
3. they help me with urges.
4. the warm feeling after the shower is awesome. Your arteries get wider thus you feel warm ( and burn calories a little)
5. it’s actually helpful for the immun system to be in this cold shock status for a while. I don’t wanna get into medical detail but it’s helps your immun system ‚staying awake‘.
6. as far as I know it raises your testosterone level slightly. I didn’t measure it but some research has been done.
All in all I will stick to it.
Looking forward to winter so I can finally take some COLD showers.
Seems like cold shower have a lot of benefits. I will start having them straight away