1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How much money in your bank account?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Thanks for the advice! We are pretty happy with how we are doing things though

2. Hmm, you have got to be American to list guns (plural), as one of your essentials (with food, water and medicine)! :eek:

3. Lol, i think thats an accurate stereotype if ever i saw one.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Yeah, somewhat of an indictment on the culture. Rather sad tbh. o_O

5. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I’m not American and I have guns. They’re useful for hunting.

6. That wasn't my point, but thanks anyway.

7. Im american by the way, but i agree.

8. It's worse then that! I live in the American southwest with all the wild west cowboys!

9. Yep, that'll do it.

10. smh

11. We can open carry and concealed carry here without a permit.

I work for a small tech company and we have shotgun shells in our supply closet and there is at least one gun I know of one site.:p

12. No prob. The best strategy is the one that works for you. :emoji_thumbsup:

13. This is awesome! What part of Europe do you live in? You sound incredibly thrifty.

14. That is all true. I think Dave's point is you don't need a credit score if you don't need to borrow money. Debt isn't all bad like you said, but if you could wouldn't you avoid it entirely? He's trying to get people to where they don't need debt at all.

15. I can sort of see his point, but that is one thing I disagree with Dave on. I think hes too strict about that. Not everyone is going to wait to buy a house until they can pay in cash, and when my husband and i bought our house we had a lot of issues and I wasnt able to even be a part of the loan, technically, because I didnt have any credit at all. I'm good with money, but I had never used credit, so they had nothing to go off of. So personally I think having a good credit score is probably a good idea.

One thing I've heard Dave say, I think, that makes sense is that hes generally advising people who are in tons of debt and clearly aren't good with money. So sure, it's probably good for people like that to just not have a credit card at all. But if you're good with money and have good self control, then having a credit card or two that give you points or cash back could be a really good idea. Theres no harm in using a credit card that gives cash back and then going home and paying off what you just bought that day immediately. You're not going to get into debt that way.

16. I can see that. Good point.

17. I totally agree with MXM. I use debit all the time. I even use a credit card to get cash back (discover card). but when I go home I pay it immediately online before the bill even comes in.
    I do have a car payment now b/c I just bought a truck. A Nissan Frontier but it’s not new. It’s a 2016 with only 20,075 miles on it so the first owner paid the initial $ loss. I will also pay $50.00 extra each month to pay it off sooner.

18. Grow_out_of_it

Grow_out_of_it Fapstronaut

I've Rs. 10,000 in my bank account. It amounts to roughly $145.95. Not much but I dont require it anyways as I live with my mother. I actually deposited all the money I had with me before in her bank account.

u376 likes this.
  19. You bought at the best part of the curve. If you draw a curve over this one charting milage and condition the best point is some where between 2-5 years old. Greatest depreciation and greatest amount of use left.

car_depreciation.jpg

20. Truth.